+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brilliant Ardley Interview Pre Mansfield

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    How on earth did we land him from Coventry? Was it all down to the wages Notts could offer? Surely a division higher with a club close to the playoffs was a bigger draw?
    In our current predicament was probably the best bit of business NA did in Jan window. Certainly warms the cockles.

Great thread. I now feel, with Ardley at the helm, we have a genuine chance of league survival. Best manager for a long time. Can't wait for Saturday!

NA is certainly a very articulate man.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    NA is certainly a very articulate man.

Bloody Hell he has a license to drive juggerynuts as well. What a man!!!!

I like Neal Ardley. He comes across as likeable down to earth and genuine. This team he has assembled as well during the transfer window is based on his knowledge and experience of managing Wimbledon for six years. He has seen where all our frailties are and addressed them.

Here are Neal Ardleys managerial stats so far which I’m splitting between post January (with his own players) and pre January. We all know before the transfer window they were not his players and how poor they were.

League Two - Dec 1st - 31st Jan
    P9, W1, D2, L6, GF7, GA18, Pts 5

Win Ratio = 11% (0.55 points per game)

League Two - Feb 1st (Post Transfer Window)
    P3, W2, D1, L0, GF4, GA2, Pts 7

Win Ratio = 66.7% (2.33 points per game)

League Two - Overall
    P12, W3, D3, L6, GF11, GA20, Pts 12

Win Ratio = 25% (1 point a game)
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 16-02-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I like Neal Ardley. He comes across as likeable down to earth and genuine. This team he has assembled as well during the transfer window is based on his knowledge and experience of managing Wimbledon for six years. He has seen where all our frailties are and addressed them.

Here are Neal Ardleys managerial stats so far which I’m splitting between post January (with his own players) and pre January. We all know before the transfer window they were not his players and how poor they were.

League Two - Dec 1st - 31st Jan
    P9, W1, D2, L6, GF7, GA18, Pts 5

Win Ratio = 11% (0.55 points per game)

League Two - Feb 1st (Post Transfer Window)
    P3, W2, D1, L0, GF4, GA2, Pts 7

Win Ratio = 66.7% (2.33 points per game)

League Two - Overall
    P12, W3, D3, L6, GF11, GA20, Pts 12

Win Ratio = 25% (1 point a game)
    Ardley is looking like the real deal... The way he celebrates with the players shows he really cares about this club... 2 wins on the spin and we are on the charge now... I trust Ardley will not let the standards drop and we will be right up for it Tuesday night against Newport... Who at the moment are getting run ragged by Man City, let's hope it goes to extra time and they show up totally knackered on Tuesday I have a good feeling about this team now and I trust in Ardley to pull off the greatest of great escapes.

I think his post Mansfield interview is pretty good as well. Reminding us and his players that Tuesday is a critical game as well. Win that game and we are out of the relegation places. Only a few weeks ago that seemed impossible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12