+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: St Midden Roll Call Match Thread & Sh1te

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    no its because we are too slow. you don't need to beat your man every time as a winger, an early ball in is a great option. we've been playing half a dozen sideway passes and then punt for a number of years, it shouldn't be a shock. they are all rigid in their role. boring, robotic, slow football.
    Yet we had McGinn, the king of cutting back on himself.
    There was no space to make many forward passes as they generally adopted a deep 5-4-1.
    We needed to,play deeper and draw them out.
    Sadly, the more attacking formation set up didn’t leave us with much options.
    We’re just not creative enough to play as we did.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    We didn’t change from 4-2-3-1. We didn’t start in that formation.
    I still can’t work out where Wilson was playing. Looked like it was in midfield.

Big game changer today was McGinn’s miss.
    Tap that into the empty net and it’s 2-1 Dons at half time and they need to come out of their last third.
    That wasn’t McGinns fault that he missed that chance,it was the conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    That wasn’t McGinns fault that he missed that chance,it was the conditions.
    Lol, was there an individual weather pattern on him only.
    Worse was to come later with his fresh air swipe.
    Maybe he’s better as an impact player from the bench.

That’s where I’d have him next game. McLennan to take his place.

Yet we had McGinn, the king of cutting back on himself.
    There was no space to make many forward passes as they generally adopted a deep 5-4-1.
    We needed to,play deeper and draw them out.
    Sadly, the more attacking formation set up didn’t leave us with much options.
    We’re just not creative enough to play as we did.
    It needs fullbacks getting beyond the wingers, CM's getting into the box ahead of strikers. Ferguson scores goal despite his deep role in the team. We'll have him for another 18months and he'll be on the move. Our players are drilled to play specific roles in certain areas of the pitch.

Lol, was there an individual weather pattern on him only.
    Worse was to come later with his fresh air swipe.
    Maybe he’s better as an impact player from the bench.

That’s where I’d have him next game. McLennan to take his place.
    Good to see you have a sense of humour.

I would rather McLennan played next week as well but he won’t,I said weeks ago GMS and Stewart will start every game in the hope they will sign new deals and McGinn will be rotated with May.

McLennan was our best player when he came on. The young lad is hated by opposition defenders who play against him. He will also get better with experience so we should really be going with him for the rest of the season as we have nothing in the league to play for. Oh Derek McInnes

It needs fullbacks getting beyond the wingers, CM's getting into the box ahead of strikers. Ferguson scores goal despite his deep role in the team. We'll have him for another 18months and he'll be on the move. Our players are drilled to play specific roles in certain areas of the pitch.
    We didn’t play with full backs today.
    Lowe was pushed into midfield on the left with GMS on the right.

Neither McGinn nor Stewart was close enough to Cosgrove in the 1st half.

We should have set up more defensively and then allowed the full backs to overlap, but I guess the issue was not a natural right back, hence we set up as we did.

I heard his old man say on the radio he is ready to sign a further 2 year extension on his contract. We play him too deep as he is at his best in an attacking midfield role.
    Gleeson, Shinnie and Ferguson shouldn’t be on the pitch at the same time against St.Mirren. What a daft idea that was from Dodgy Del.
    Last edited by RED_JOHN; 16-02-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Todays (feels like a loss) draw was nothing to do with the tactics. Not one of the players can say they played well today and it is happening more regularly. Ferguson was the best of a bad bunch but even he made too many mistakes giving the ball away too cheaply. Going forward we suck big time especially in the opposition box … first prize in musical statues. Was there a cracker of a prize in the dud of the day competition? McGinn, Stewart and Shinnie are all in the running. Gleeson didn't make many mistakes as he did absolutely nothing.

It would seem Ball has sh@t in DM's cornflakes as he has dropped right down the order. No big loss but I bet he still gets offered a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Todays (feels like a loss) draw was nothing to do with the tactics. Not one of the players can say they played well today and it is happening more regularly. Ferguson was the best of a bad bunch but even he made too many mistakes giving the ball away too cheaply. Going forward we suck big time especially in the opposition box … first prize in musical statues. Was there a cracker of a prize in the dud of the day competition? McGinn, Stewart and Shinnie are all in the running. Gleeson didn't make many mistakes as he did absolutely nothing.

It would seem Ball has sh@t in DM's cornflakes as he has dropped right down the order. No big loss but I bet he still gets offered a contract.
    Gleeson did his role well when he came on.
    Trying to allow others to be more advanced.

McGinn was the standout dud of the day. Absolutely honking.
    I’d have subbed at half time.

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast