+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: St Midden Roll Call Match Thread & Sh1te

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    You really are a tedious f*****g bore.
    Zzzzzzzzz
    At least I add to topical discussions.
    Go try it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    You’re missing the whole point.
    It’s his mindset.
    And let’s be honest... we were lucky to escape with a 1-1 against 10 men.
    The semi final was rope a dope.
    Bit as I say, it’s his subconscious comment about “except against the Old Firm”.
    I know what you are saying about it being a subconscious mindset thing. My point is that what he says and maybe thinks doesn’t actually equate to what actually happens. Against Celtic we are ultra conservative and frankly just waiting to lose every time instead of trying to get a result. However against sevco we do play more positively and there is much more of a belief we can get a result even though we don’t always get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I know what you are saying about it being a subconscious mindset thing. My point is that what he says and maybe thinks doesn’t actually equate to what actually happens. Against Celtic we are ultra conservative and frankly just waiting to lose every time instead of trying to get a result. However against sevco we do play more positively and there is much more of a belief we can get a result even though we don’t always get one.
    Not sure I agree about us being positive against the huns.
    Take the games at Pittodrie.
    The 1-1 game we were second best for 90% of the game even though they had 10 men.
    The 2nd game we were worthy of being 3-1 down in the first half.

Even the semi we won, when they had no strikers, we played it like an away European tie.
    Ok, we won. Great.
    But the point is the whole mindset thing.

Yes but to complete the picture, in the second half of the last game there was only one team in it and if Madden had done his job properly there is every chance we would have had a totally different result. Likewise at ibrox that is as comfortable as I have felt there in many a game even when we were 10 v 11

Yes but to complete the picture, in the second half of the last game there was only one team in it and if Madden had done his job properly there is every chance we would have had a totally different result. Likewise at ibrox that is as comfortable as I have felt there in many a game even when we were 10 v 11
    I agree we should’ve got a draw no problem, but for a hun pr1ck of a ref we would’ve (at least) but the mindset at the start is my issue.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    At least I add to topical discussions.
    Go try it.

You don’t think our managers comments 24 hours ago are relevant, concerning & topical?

No, you’ll be right again obviously.

You’d be great fun on a night out
    Zzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    There's a pattern with afcmad. He obviously reads a word or looks it up on Google (some are incorrectly used) then uses it to death in the attempt to make him look smart.

He's really just obfuscating if you ask me.
    FFS don't you start...you mean he is just trying to befuddle my poor brain. I think he is over analysing most of the talking points. It's a simple game which AFC dissects without the full information to hand. None of us know DM's direct instructions to individuals or the team, but we can make a reasonable suggestion as to whether it's working or not. I think that Mr. AFC has taken part in coaching licence courses as he enjoys sharing his tactical offerings with us less knowledgeable. It' simple. It works or it doesn't. Are we using the players available in the best manner. If not, can we change the set up to bring advantage / value. I blame DM and have done for a bloody long time. It's his players. The best description I've read in ages is they are playing with an anchor weighted to them. The next 5-6 games will be interesting. Again, the axe will start to hover as the focus is increasing.

Disagree. We had more of the game in the 2nd half because the game was done and the Hun sat on their lead. DM had shat the bed at 6 45pm when he handed the team lines over and delivered the team talk. The game was over irrespective of the early goal back.

It’s quite simple really.
    Stick to debating the point instead of resulting in attacking the poster.
    It really just shows up you’ve failed to come up with a valid point.
    I'm away to hand myself into the forum police.

I'll leave the "debating" to you

Just because I have a differing opinion to yours doesn’t mean I think I am always right and everyone else is always wrong.
    It’s a debatable point, hence why I came up with strong points in my opinion, which you don’t appear to be able to refute, so your option was then to deflect with a very poor attempt at humour.

I have no opinion on the matter and has nothing to do with their footballing contribution yesterday

No argument to the unit being extremely poor yesterday.
    I’ve already commented on the more attacking formation being the reason.
    That’s DM’s fault for getting the tombola out and pandering to those that prescribe to the need to be more attacking.

Different game and I agree, he made a huge difference coming off the bench last week against QOTS.
    I’ve said before, when he’s on his game he’s very good and deserved to start yesterday.
    He was our worst performer yesterday and should have been hooked at half time, or 10 minutes into the second half given his performance.

Lol, so hilariously funny, ironic and harsh.
    Given McLennan did more in the first few touches he had than McGinn did in his 80 odd minutes.
    It’s McGinn that is guilty of constantly cutting back and having to beat his man again or increasingly play the ball backwards.
    For as long as I have been posting on the form I have always been able to refrain from name calling and the likes that a load of posters tend to do from time to time and I normally just shaks ma heed
    But now i am left with no fkn option and I do apologise in advance but you really are a tube.

SF
    Last edited by blowupsheep; 17-02-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast