+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: St Midden Roll Call Match Thread & Sh1te

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I would like to see us play a definite 3-4-3 with the named players below to see if we can add more goals to our matches and be more of a threat to the opposition.

Lewis

Devlin McKenna Shinnie

McLennan Ferguson Stewart Lowe

Wilson Cosgrove McGinn

It’s certainly worth a try. I would prefer Hoban in between Devlin and McKenna but he is f’ucked. It’s better than most selections and formations the anchor man has put out this season.
    I know it's all about opinions but...
    Shinnie as one of a back 3? Stewart in the middle of the park? FFS if McInnes had put out that team, you would have probably been an extra from Scanners

I would like to see us play a definite 3-4-3 with the named players below to see if we can add more goals to our matches and be more of a threat to the opposition.

Lewis

Devlin McKenna Shinnie

Wilson Cosgrove McGinn

It’s certainly worth a try. I would prefer Hoban in between Devlin and McKenna but he is f’ucked. It’s better than most selections and formations the anchor man has put out this season.
    Have you borrowed McInnes's tombola?

Forgot to add that McKenna would be the captain also. Shinnie only made the team because Hoban has a bad injury. A far more positive line up and formation than anything the anchor man puts out and that has obviously come as a bit of a shock to the system to some of your sleepy bored minds. The anchor man has numbed your brains unfortunately with his turgid football approach.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonsClock4am View Post
    Stewart's long range volley attempt near the end was 80s pub league standard up in Thurso (where we know nothing about football)..
    Ormlie Motors FC?

Lewis

Devlin McKenna Shinnie

Wilson Cosgrove McGinn

No, I don’t think it is worth a try.
    Back 4 is best for us.
    A variation of 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 I’d say with the current squad.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    No, I don’t think it is worth a try.
    Back 4 is best for us.
    A variation of 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 I’d say with the current squad.
    We played our most entertaining football in December during a run of a busier schedule. Two up front helped us definitely then the anchor man blew up against Celtic and decided Stevie May would be better used as a man marker on Scott Brown of all people. I reckon a decent back three would stroll through this league and that leaves me with plenty ammunition going forward. Shinnie and GMS are definitely going so I would prefer they didn’t play if not committed to the clubs future. Same with Andrew Considine
    Shinnie was only in my selection due to Hoban’s injury.
    Last edited by RED_JOHN; 18-02-2019 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

For me it was too narrow, the space was out wide.
    Noteably, both our goals came from wide positions.

As someone else noted, we needed to be able to take some shots from range and profit from a spill or a deflection
    Yeah I agree with these points. This has been a problem this season - we have wingers but they seem to just drift infield and interchange positions etc, rather than just staying on the touchline, stretching the opposition and putting the ball in the box. That's why McLennan made a big difference when he got his little run in the team - we had a winger playing out wide again.

Also agree that our long range efforts are usually few and far between and when they do come they're usually awful. Greg Stewart's volley on Saturday was ridiculously bad. McGinn's fresh air shot from outside the box even worse.

Hoban confirmed out for the rest of the season.

Not bringing in another defender in January looks like a mistake now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post

That’s a pity as he when fit is a good defender. We have plenty defensive players though so we will cope admirably.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post

Good us of the loan system who would have thought an injury prone player would pick up an injury

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930