+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: St Midden Roll Call Match Thread & Sh1te

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    We don’t play with enough pace.
    We need to move the ball quicker.
    It’s McInnes way though.
    Sideways & ponderous.

And defensively we’re poor just now.
    That just about sums it up.

Just gash today. We are far too slow and ponderous getting forward and getting the ball into the box.

Yet we bring on Gleeson, whose next forward pass will be his first. Dictionary definition of slow and ponderous.

The defending has been utterly shambolic for weeks now. Just not acceptable. We spend ages f’uckin about at the back, Devlin makes a honking pass, two quick forward passes by saints and bang it’s another goal. Sort it out.

Ferguson best of a bad lot, deserved MOTM. I thought Stewart played ok. He’s a clever, intelligent & skilful player. Has some lovely touches and movement. One lovely dummy sold the entire St Mirren back 4 but Shinnie was not sharp enough to see it so didn’t make the run. Sums it up sadly, Stewart is better & cleverer than most of the players he’s playing with.

GMS & McGinn were utter pish. GMS hasn’t kicked a ball since getting crocked. If NYC do offer cash, frankly I’d take it.

Sad to see Hoban hurt, but no surprise. He’s an excellent footballer, but useless to us when out injured all the time. I don’t think it’s bad luck sadly, some guys bodies like Carroll, Sturridge and sadly Hoban can’t cope physically with the demands of football. Shame but that looks like game over for him with us.

Poor stuff today, dropping points like that is not acceptable. Tough games coming up so we're not looking too good for.a decent league finish now so Cup is important.

I also heard DM’s pre match comments. Nearly wrapped the car round a tree shouting at the radio when he came out with that pish about the cheeks at home.

IF we play Sevco, we’d better f’uckin not sit off DM min. You’ve been warned...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Stewart is better & cleverer than most of the players he’s playing with.
    I'd agree with that. I reckon himself and Wilson could be pretty handy up front against most teams. GMS to if he can get back to being on a game. Shinnie isn't game intelligent enough to keep up with Stewarts style of play in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I agree McGinn has his uses, but really it needs to be from the bench after the opposition are tiring.
    He’s not had the pace or impact to get past the fullback all season.

McLennan and GMS on the wings for me.
    McGinn has 9 assists this season and GMS has 4, that’s not bad for someone who has no pace or can’t get past a full back.

McInnes had a winning formula in December and he has changed when he didn’t have to.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    That just about sums it up.

Just gash today. We are far too slow and ponderous getting forward and getting the ball into the box.

Yet we bring on Gleeson, whose next forward pass will be his first. Dictionary definition of slow and ponderous.

The defending has been utterly shambolic for weeks now. Just not acceptable. We spend ages f’uckin about at the back, Devlin makes a honking pass, two quick forward passes by saints and bang it’s another goal. Sort it out.

Ferguson best of a bad lot, deserved MOTM. I thought Stewart played ok. He’s a clever, intelligent & skilful player. Has some lovely touches and movement. One lovely dummy sold the entire St Mirren back 4 but Shinnie was not sharp enough to see it so didn’t make the run. Sums it up sadly, Stewart is better & cleverer than most of the players he’s playing with.

GMS & McGinn were utter pish. GMS hasn’t kicked a ball since getting crocked. If NYC do offer cash, frankly I’d take it.

Sad to see Hoban hurt, but no surprise. He’s an excellent footballer, but useless to us when out injured all the time. I don’t think it’s bad luck sadly, some guys bodies like Carroll, Sturridge and sadly Hoban can’t cope physically with the demands of football. Shame but that looks like game over for him with us.

Poor stuff today, dropping points like that is not acceptable. Tough games coming up so we're not looking too good for.a decent league finish now so Cup is important.

I also heard DM’s pre match comments. Nearly wrapped the car round a tree shouting at the radio when he came out with that pish about the cheeks at home.

IF we play Sevco, we’d better f’uckin not sit off DM min. You’ve been warned...
    Agree with that 100%
    The worst part of today wasn’t the result.
    It was McInnes pathetic pre match comments about home games against the scum.

Negative, weak-minded, pathetic, unacceptable pish.
    He should be called out for those comments.
    No Aberdeen manager should ever say what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    McGinn has 9 assists this season and GMS has 4, that’s not bad for someone who has no pace or can’t get past a full back.

McInnes had a winning formula in December and he has changed when he didn’t have to.
    When McGinn is on his game he’s great.
    When not like today, best to get him off ASAP.

McInnes was more attack minded today.
    He changed the formation and it didn’t work.
    Remember that next time someone is bemoaning playing with two “defensive” midfielders.
    We should have played 4-2-3-1 today.
    McGinn should have scored his tap-in. Miss of the season that.
    Last edited by afc1903mad; 16-02-2019 at 09:56 PM.

Agree with that 100%
    The worst part of today wasn’t the result.
    It was McInnes pathetic pre match comments about home games against the scum.

Negative, weak-minded, pathetic, unacceptable pish.
    He should be called out for those comments.
    No Aberdeen manager should ever say what he did.
    What did mcinnes say? I never heard the radio pre-match

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    What did mcinnes say? I never heard the radio pre-match
    Talking about St Mirren, he said “the onus on us, as the home team in all games, except against the Old Firm, is to be on the front foot & take the game to the opposition”.
    He actually said “except the Old Firm”
    1) he used the term Old Firm - that died in 2012.
    2) he insinuated the onus wasn’t on us to take the game to the Old Firm.

Shameful really.

Talking about St Mirren, he said “the onus on us, as the home team in all games, except against the Old Firm, is to be on the front foot & take the game to the opposition”.
    He actually said “except the Old Firm”
    1) he used the term Old Firm - that died in 2012.
    2) he insinuated the onus wasn’t on us to take the game to the Old Firm.

Shameful really.
    Sums him up. I blame Logan for that though. Probably put him up to it.

Tactical genius my arse. We just do enough and no more. St Mirren are ****ing pish.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    When McGinn is on his game he’s great.
    When not like today, best to get him off ASAP.

McInnes was more attack minded today.
    He changed the formation and it didn’t work.
    Remember that next time someone is bemoaning playing with two “defensive” midfielders.
    We should have played 4-2-3-1 today.
    McGinn should have scored his tap-in. Miss of the season that.
    The whole McGinn on his game thing is a myth.

He was getting slaughtered in his second season for performances like today.

The reality is he has never really been a player who is going to be man of the match that often.

He pretty much does the same thing every time he plays,sometimes he scores,sometimes he gets an assist and sometimes he doesn’t.

At the end of the day he has 74 goals and 69 assists in 267 games which is very good.

If it wasn’t for me he would get more grief on here than Considine does which is completely insane.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    The whole McGinn on his game thing is a myth.

He was getting slaughtered in his second season for performances like today.

The reality is he has never really been a player who is going to be man of the match that often.

He pretty much does the same thing every time he plays,sometimes he scores,sometimes he gets an assist and sometimes he doesn’t.

At the end of the day he has 74 goals and 69 assists in 267 games which is very good.

If it wasn’t for me he would get more grief on here than Considine does which is completely insane.
    He's also a terrible impact player. He scores and sets one up against QOTS...

Like ever winger we have, he's asked to do too much. It's no surprise he was at his best before McInnes arrived. The man sticks an anchor on every player we've had.

Cosgrove will be left wing next season.

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast