+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seagulls v Rams

Seagulls v Rams

May well be wrong but I have a sneaking feeling we might do well tomorrow. We need a performance after the lacklustre shambles at Ipswich but, with the right team selection and a little luck, it would be so much the ‘Derby way’ for us to underperform against bottom of the table Ipswich on Wednesday and then come up with a performance against a Premiership side a few days later.
    Seems so much more than five years since we thrashed Brighton in the playoffs and the differing fortunes of the two clubs ever since is indicative of the struggles we’ve endured at ‘cock up County’ ever since, but with the right selection - Marriott back hopefully and Huddlestone a must imo - we might pull off a ‘shock’ against a team who are only three points clear of relegation and may be resting a few.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    May well be wrong but I have a sneaking feeling we might do well tomorrow. We need a performance after the lacklustre shambles at Ipswich but, with the right team selection and a little luck, it would be so much the ‘Derby way’ for us to underperform against bottom of the table Ipswich on Wednesday and then come up with a performance against a Premiership side a few days later.
    Seems so much more than five years since we thrashed Brighton in the playoffs and the differing fortunes of the two clubs ever since is indicative of the struggles we’ve endured at ‘cock up County’ ever since, but with the right selection - Marriott back hopefully and Huddlestone a must imo - we might pull off a ‘shock’ against a team who are only three points clear of relegation and may be resting a few.
    RA can't help but admire your confidence don't think Brighton will be putting to weak a side out They don't play again for 10 days and Houghton says he needs to keep his first team fit I think we are in for a hiding in afraid We are going but without any expectations Going to watch U 23s at Leicester tonight then I've booked into Holiday Inn in Bedford for the night to get early start and drive down to Brighton (wife's Valentine present )

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA can't help but admire your confidence don't think Brighton will be putting to weak a side out They don't play again for 10 days and Houghton says he needs to keep his first team fit I think we are in for a hiding in afraid We are going but without any expectations Going to watch U 23s at Leicester tonight then I've booked into Holiday Inn in Bedford for the night to get early start and drive down to Brighton (wife's Valentine present )
    I wouldn’t say ‘confidence’ mista. You’re probably right and I understand your lack of ‘expectation’...expectation being all too frequently the ‘mother’ of disappointment.
    I just have a ‘feeling’...probably illogical and I’m still stunned that you’ve got away with a trip to football matches in Leicester and Brighton along with a night in Bedford (!!) as a Valentine’s Day present. Must have found the perfect woman.

I wouldn't hold my breath on Marriott starting. If what we have been told is true then he had a virus that saw him lose 20 lbs inside a week and then an injury (ankle?). If he really did drop all that weight just a week or 2 ago then he will be nowhere near capable of 90 minutes IMO.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39147774]I wouldn’t say ‘confidence’ mista. You’re probably right and I understand your lack of ‘expectation’...expectation being all too frequently the ‘mother’ of disappointment.
    I just have a ‘feeling’...probably illogical and I’m still stunned that you’ve got away with a trip to football matches in Leicester and Brighton along with a night in Bedford (!!) as a Valentine’s Day present. Must have found the perfect wo r
    RA she is perfect she is even madder than me A few times I've said I can't really be bothered to go (Accrington for one ) and she's talked me into going

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    A few times I've said I can't really be bothered to go (Accrington for one ) and she's talked me into going
    While the cat's away...

No idea how we'll fare, but a response is important following Wednesday. Obviously we're the underdogs, but you never know!

U23s put in a solid performance at Leicester and won 0-1. Scored what, to me, looked like a good 2nd but the ref ruled it out for a foul on the keeper. No replay shown but my thoughts on it were that the keeper came for a ball e could never hope to get and clattered into a group of players 8 or 9 yards out, the ball fell to Creswell who put it away. The ref seemed to think the keeper had been fouled. I didn't.

The good thing today is that as long as we put in a decent performance it doesn’t really matter should we win,lose or draw..... obviously I’d love us to win and go through but should we fall at this hurdle we have accounted ourselves in the competition very well.....

As for team selection I can’t see Marriott being ready for a full 90 mins but would like to see him for the last 30 mins or so to start getting him match fit again.....

Hoping Huddlestone is back in the centre of the park and can find some of those defence splitting passes so that Wags can continue his rich vein of form.....

I’m sure the lads will step up today and do us proud..... get past today and you know what..... I might just start believing!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2462 View Post
    The good thing today is that as long as we put in a decent performance it doesn’t really matter should we win,lose or draw..... obviously I’d love us to win and go through but should we fall at this hurdle we have accounted ourselves in the competition very well.....

As for team selection I can’t see Marriott being ready for a full 90 mins but would like to see him for the last 30 mins or so to start getting him match fit again.....

Hoping Huddlestone is back in the centre of the park and can find some of those defence splitting passes so that Wags can continue his rich vein of form.....

I’m sure the lads will step up today and do us proud..... get past today and you know what..... I might just start believing!
    Looks like you got your wish!

2 up top, at least we're having a go. No King in squad today. BJ on the bench for some reason, must've paid his own coach fare.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Looks like you got your wish!

2 up top, at least we're having a go. No King in squad today. BJ on the bench for some reason, must've paid his own coach fare.
    Think King is cup tied, Adi. Seem to remember him coming on for Leicester at Newport.
    God help us if we have to rely on BJ after his performance on Wednesday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)