+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Biggest Game you have been to

Biggest Game you have been to

The three that stick in my mind are...

1/. The Orient game.

2/. 2009 play off final.

3/. European Cup semi final 1st leg 1968 - Man Utd 1 (Best) Real Madrid 0.

Plenty of other great memories including Naples in the Inter Cities Fairs Cup etc but I remember those three most.

1. Burnley v Wolves Sherpa Van Final 1988. We lost but fantastic atmosphere.
    2. Burnley v Stockport County Play Off Final 1994. Just to be there.
    3. Burnley v QPR May 2016. At this game with my granddaughters first time we have ever watched a promotion winning game. Sam Vokes priceless.

The Orient game..Non Bigger

END OF THREAD ..

FA Cup Final 1962, Wembley, Burnley 1 Spurs 3

European Cup Final 1965, San Siro, Inter 1 Benfica 0

Hampden Park, 1970, Scotland 0 England 0, gate 137,438 and Jeff Astle missed a sitter late on.

Wembley 1972, England 1 West Germany 3, destroyed by Gunter Netzer.

Burnley v Newcastle, FA Cup Semi-Final Hillsborough 1974, stood in the middle of the Geordies, that was an experience in itself

Burnley v Wolves Sherpa Van Final 1988. Was well looking forward to this but we played badly and lost

All those European Fairs Cup games in the 60's against Vfb Stuttgart/ Lausanne Sports/ Napoli still stand out in my mind.

World Cup Final in 1966 with my grandad and uncle. The Orient game and Wembley again when we beat Sheffield United 1-0.

I would love to go to Wembley one more time with the Clarets in a FA Cup Final, but our current FA Cup form sort of suggests this won't happen again in my lifetime.

Only one for me and that was the Orient game never seem as many tears on that day. Emotions were raw. The only other big game was not football but at 18 watching Ali v Frazier at Madison Square Gardens was an immense experience

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)