+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ye Old Naughty Room.... .

Ye Old Naughty Room.... .

....Customers of the Blackpool Tower Dungeon have expressed concern about the use of degrading and offensive terms such as 'wench' and 'hangman' and would like them replaced with more socially-acceptable alternatives which are less stigmatising... .

Snowflake millennials are demanding bosses at Blackpool Tower Dungeon ban words such as 'wench' and 'peasant' from the seafront attraction.
    The top tourist attraction on the world famous Promenade features actors playing characters depicting life in 16th century Lancashire.
    But some customers, dubbed snowflakes, have been offended by historical terms such as 'knight in shining armour', 'hangman' and 'wench', leaving complaints on review sites or in the tower's feedback book.

Kenny Mew, general manager at The Blackpool Tower Dungeon, said: 'Some people need to pick up a history book and discover that this is how people actually spoke.
    'Whether people think it's offensive or not, we can't turn our back on what happened in the 16th century and erase it from our history..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ttraction.html

Whatever next.!!! Will we have to forgive those Nazi SS bastids for all their atrocities in WW2 ?

"Kenny Mew, general manager at The Blackpool Tower Dungeon, said: 'Some people need to pick up a history book and discover that this is how people actually spoke.
    'Whether people think it's offensive or not, we can't turn our back on what happened in the 16th century and erase it from our history.."

Good luck to Mr Mew but he's wrong, lefty snowflakes are re-writing history all the time. I wonder if he's prepared for the Twitter ****storm that's about to descend on his head.

"Lefty snowflakes" sinkov? Amazed you have not directly blamed Corbyn. Anyway it's back to bed now with the wench for a game of hide the sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    "Lefty snowflakes" sinkov? Amazed you have not directly blamed Corbyn. Anyway it's back to bed now with the wench for a game of hide the sausage.
    Not sure what I should blame on Corbyn BT, the snowflakes seem to have latched onto him, but he's probably as bemused by it all as I am. In a way I feel sorry for him, he's out of his depth through no fault of his own, I'm sure he'd have been quite happy to be left in obscurity, chunnering away on the back benches.

The stark reality is that a lot of his intellectual output is pretty impressive but he simply lacks charisma.

I have started a new game when people start talking politics, I ask them to count 1-2-3 simultaneously with me and then we both must name one UK politician who could take control of this God forsaken mess.

The silence is deafening. Always.

1....2....3....Sir Nigel of Farage. 1....2....3....Donald Trump. 1....2....3....Margaret Thatcher.

Anything else I can help you with BT ?

I do take your point though, none of those who might be available to take charge of our affairs could get us out of this bear trap we've walked into. It wasn't as though the trap wasn't well sign posted either, and I still wonder if May has got here through sheer incompetence, or this is exactly where she wants us to be, with the EU gripping us by the short and curlies. Never forget she's a Remainer, and so is the Chancellor she appointed, she wanted us to stay in the EU. Maybe, despite what she says, she still does.

I think it offensive...that the Whore pretends herself a Virgin.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

I think it offensive...that the Whore pretends herself a Virgin.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The stark reality is that a lot of his intellectual output is pretty impressive but he simply lacks charisma.
    I've always thought Jeremy has never moved on from his ****age years, he's still a lefty activist at heart. No doubt he could debate impressively in a student's union bar, but when he has to confront the real world as leader of HM opposition, his ideological beliefs and principals simply hamstring him. The best example is the EU, he's a Eurosceptic, has been all his life, like you and me BT he can see it for the scam it is, but it's official Labour Party policy to Remain, so he's just dangling in the wind, and looks even more foolish than May, which takes some doing. Far better for him to have been left on the backbenches where he would have been indulged, Labour's token loony lefty. That was his chosen role in life, he was content to play that role, but life hasn't been fair to Jeremy, he didn't ask for this and I do feel some sympathy for him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)