+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 49th Minute

I won’t clap. It’s getting daft. Wendy fan who unfortunately died. People do, it’s life. Let Wendy honour their own, sure. Suppose I’ll be another feeling guilty not clapping whilst others look on. He was a Rotherham Owl which is fine but he ain’t no Miller and I have no affinity with him

Nothing wrong with that Pete.
    Like I said earlier it’s respect to someone who has died. Don’t have to clap just don’t need to be disrespectful.

Agree Pocket 100%

Perhaps they will break off from the child abuse chants to clap.

Think this could be a bit of a bad idea. Its not so much Millers fans not clapping but if any one starts with any "If your a Rotherham owl songs" at that time it is likely to cause bother in or outside the ground. Fair enough if they want to clap but I really don't think its a good idea to ask millers fans to join in unless they want to.

Does it also suggest that to sing that particular song at any time during the game it could be deemed disrespectful today.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 16-02-2019 at 11:16 AM.

If we were playing say, Oxford United, would half these posts exist?

It's their fan so if they want to applaud him I see no wrong in that.

It's a shame some folk can't split tragedy from rivalry. If some of ours start singing about Rotherham Owl on 49 minutes , then it just goes to show their sheer lack of intelligence and disrespect.
    Last edited by Brin; 16-02-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Yep. I think Millers fans should at least button it then even if they don't clap.

As certain posters have said, it's no big deal. This thing happens fairly regularly and, as it happens during the game, it is generally low key but respectful. It's not as though there's be announcements or photos up on the screen it's just football fans paying their respects to one of their own.

I'll clap but if the blokes either side of me keep their hands in their pockets it's absolutely no bad reflection on them. If you don't want to join in or think it's inappropriate then fine, but please don't be disrespectful. It's only one minute ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Redshank View Post
    As certain posters have said, it's no big deal. This thing happens fairly regularly and, as it happens during the game, it is generally low key but respectful. It's not as though there's be announcements or photos up on the screen it's just football fans paying their respects to one of their own.

I'll clap but if the blokes either side of me keep their hands in their pockets it's absolutely no bad reflection on them. If you don't want to join in or think it's inappropriate then fine, but please don't be disrespectful. It's only one minute ffs

He is an old neighbour of mine and there will be RUFC fans who were his friends, and will be there today.
    So just remember some of our fans will be applauding for personal reasons. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    If we were playing say, Oxford United, would half these posts exist?

It's their fan so if they want to applaud him I see no wrong in that.

It's a shame some folk can't split tragedy from rivalry. If some of ours start singing about Rotherham Owl on 49 minutes , then it just goes to show their sheer lack of intelligence and disrespect.
    That's fine but they have shared this with the aim of Millers joining in. If they want to do it for one if their own do it at Hillsborough, they had chance when they played reading. At least it would have broken up the silence of boredom.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123