+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Today is a special anniversary for Notts supporters

Today is a special anniversary for Notts supporters

It's 28 years ago today that we beat Man City in the cup. Sadly for me it's the day my dad died, hence remebering the date, but he would have bloody loved to be at Notts'that day.

Am hoping that Notts can do just as good a job today as they did all those years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    It's 28 years ago today that we beat Man City in the cup. Sadly for me it's the day my dad died, hence remebering the date, but he would have bloody loved to be at Notts'that day.

Am hoping that Notts can do just as good a job today as they did all those years ago.
    That's deep Cher1

Ironic for me as well. The evening my son was born, NFFC beat MCFC in the cup as well at Maine road.
    Football isn't half deep for some of us.

PS (I wanted to call him Colin(Cooper) after his winner.) The wife went ballistic

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post

Bless you Cher,and your late dad.
    I’m sure he will be looking down on the lane today..
    Also my dad was a notts fanatic who unfortunately isn’t with us anymore..
    He would be pacing up and down the front room,in and out the back garden,couldn’t eat his breakfast in anticipation of games on match days,,especially against out 3 fingered enemy..
    God bless you all that have been in that position and most importantly,enjoy your day.
    3 points will serve up nicely mr Ardley
    Coyp

Seems funny how things pan out my first job of the day is to go to the cemetery. to visit my forest supporting son to ask if he can help notts today.

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    Seems funny how things pan out my first job of the day is to go to the cemetery. to visit my forest supporting son to ask if he can help notts today.
    Oh dear sorry to hear that Navy.... I'm very sure he would help us if at all possible... I actually just got back from my brother's grave, poor man died 3 weeks ago... but it was no use asking him anything because he dreaded football! I know he would be sitting here complaining about me watching the match which makes me smile