+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 49th Minute

49th Minute

The applause which may start tomorrow on the 49th minute will be for Mark Hague - a 49yr old Wednesday fan. Mark was a dedicated family man who tragically died on holiday recently.

Apologies if this has been posted before. There's been stuff on social media about this but I've not spotted any comment on here.

RIP Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Redshank View Post
    The applause which may start tomorrow on the 49th minute will be for Mark Hague - a 49yr old Wednesday fan. Mark was a dedicated family man who tragically died on holiday recently.

Apologies if this has been posted before. There's been stuff on social media about this but I've not spotted any comment on here.

RIP Mark
    Totally understandable and although some Millers fans may not understand the meaning at the time in question, hopefully it is respected.

RIP Mark

Life long Wednesday fan from Kimberworth.

I get that people are to pay respects but shouldn’t Wednesday do the applause at their own stadium. To me It just feels wrong to do it at opponents ground

Why I feel it’s wrong is simply the 2500 Wednesday fans applauding won’t be no where near the potential 37000 they could bring to home games and although people will clap out of respect it won’t hold as much meaning, I mean it’s not like we can say over speaker once a Miller always a Miller

Am I over thinking this ?

I agree Silly why are doing this. I wont clap guy means nothing to me rip and all that and condolences to his Family but i think doing it at Hillsborough would have been a better idea.

It's a little bit naive to be fair, you know there will be some that will sing about being a Rotherham owl. If it was vice versa would we do it at Hillsborough, no, we would wait until next home game.
    Mayby they doing it at NYS, as I'm sure if he was still here, he would be one of the weds fans with tickets in home section.

Tragic story - died after watching a game in Barcelona where he was with his wife to celebrate his 50th which he never made it to. Leaves a wife and daughter. Friends from both clubs so not totally out of the ordinary to do it at this match. Even if you don't agree with it, just don't join in. No need to spoil it for his friends and family just for the sake of football rivalry.

Haven’t we all said something bad about other clubs at some point?
    It’s a minutes applause for someone who has lost his life forget colours or rivalry it’s respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Haven’t we all said something bad about other clubs at some point?
    It’s a minutes applause for someone who has lost his life forget colours or rivalry it’s respect.
    Agreed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast