+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers v Sheffield Wednesday

MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers v Sheffield Wednesday

Cup final day has arrived. It's been a long time coming hasn't it?

Couldn't get my breath when I read Bruce's remark in a published interview yesterday. Is he another manager who has out of date methods and can only produce success with a skip full of cash? Certainly that comment should serve as a prematch gee up for the lads even though it in itself will have made the most hardened Wednesday fan blush!

Today we haven't a clue whaich system we're going to play but should Forde and Taylor start? I think that they both will and I think that we will go for it. Personally I'd like to see Crooks in for Towell because he's a better player and has probably the the best touch of all our players.

I'd like to see 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 but it'll be the tried and tested 4-1-4-1. It does seem to me however that it is Vaulks playing the furthest back in midfield.

Either way non of this is relevant! This is a derby and we will show up and give it a go. The formation is there but the blood and guts will be too. I fear for Yates if he gets into the mix. I think that he'll mix it up when he comes on but will he stay on?

Will it finish with the match having everything? Penalties, yellow cards, red cards fights off the ball and passion that'll make your blood pressure rise! I do bloody hope so!

Come One Rotherham and win this cup final!

Yep looks as tho you were right Frog, Forde and Taylor playing in a 4 1 4 1. At least we have Wiliams and Newell to put on if we need a bit of a push.

Rodak;
    Jones,
    Ihiekwe,
    Robertson,
    Mattock;
    Ajayi,
    Forde,
    Vaulks,
    Towell,
    Taylor;
    Smith.

SUBS
    Price,
    Wood,
    Crooks,
    Wiles,
    Newell,
    Williams,
    Yates

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Yep looks as tho you were right Frog, Forde and Taylor playing in a 4 1 4 1. At least we have Wiliams and Newell to put on if we need a bit of a push.
    I can't see how Towell gets in ahead of Crooks but hey ho! Let's have someone who runs a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I think when we kick off it will rapidly become the usual 4-5-1 with Smith playing the lone ranger with no sign of Tonto coming to the rescue

The problem is that, with no significant signings who can be put into the team as starters, Warney has got the ideal excuse to play 4-5-1, which he's probably wanted to do all along. We don't know if all the players on our bench are actually fit enough to play, if previous rumours are true, and why not have Kayode or Lewthwaite on there in case Smith gets injured or sent off? Looks like usual negative formation.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 16-02-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Darren England, the referee, is from Barnsley, don't know who he supports though!

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Darren England, the referee, is from Barnsley, don't know who he supports though!
    England I would have thought

Was hoping Barnsley then he won't like dem Wendies much!

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    The problem is that, with no significant signings who can be put into the team as starters, Warney has got the ideal excuse to play 4-5-1, which he's probably wanted to do all along. We don't know if all the players on our bench are actually fit enough to play, if previous rumours are true, and why not have Kayode or Lewthwaite on there in case Smith gets injured or sent off? Looks like usual negative formation.
    Watching Crooks and the positions he takes up is exactly what we need. He goes straight to where Smith should be when Smith goes out wide. He glides past players like we've not seen a Miller do for a long time. Having him in the starting 11 strengthens us I think.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast