+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cant be long now surely?

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    I don't have a problem with the back 4 passing it around, what annoys me is the midfield either hiding, or collecting the ball only to pass it straight back - its all too safe / slippery shoulders. Until Flojo came on yesterday, there wasn't a single overlap out wide, meaning our wing backs had no choice but to pass it back inside, or try and beat 2/3 players. It's not good that we struggle without Mount, who no offence to the lad, is basically a kid trying to get some decent experience.
    Spot on Adi...’slippery shoulders’ indeed. The only midfielder we have who is prepared to take responsibility seems to be Huddlestone but then he seems to be regarded, rightly or wrongly, as either too old or too lacking in fitness to manage a run of games.

Mista...I’d love Lampard to be a success but I am becoming disillusioned. Not sure you can say Rowett got ‘lucky’ with Vydra...maybe he just knew how to get the best out of him.
    As far as this season is concerned I think we’re too reliant on the loanees. Probably wouldn’t have got then without the Lampard factor I know but they aren’t the future.
    I think the three big pluses this season are...the signing of Marriott and the emergence of both Bogle and Roos. Against that...we are no nearer finding a partner for Keogh, no nearer finding a midfield general, while players such as BJ, Bryson, Lawrence and Wisdom just seem to have gone backwards.
    On top of that we have, in Waghorn, a proven goalscorer who is repeatedly and wastefully played out wide.
    Lampard is the darling of the media, of that there is no doubt...I’ve even started to think we’ve changed our name to ‘Frank Lampard’s Derby County’...but does the reality match the hype? I’m beginning to wonder. At the end of the day our successes and failures are largely attributable to management. Overall there seem to be rather more failures than success stories.
    Genuinely hope I’m wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Spot on Adi...’slippery shoulders’ indeed. The only midfielder we have who is prepared to take responsibility seems to be Huddlestone but then he seems to be regarded, rightly or wrongly, as either too old or too lacking in fitness to manage a run of games.

Mista...I’d love Lampard to be a success but I am becoming disillusioned. Not sure you can say Rowett got ‘lucky’ with Vydra...maybe he just knew how to get the best out of him.
    As far as this season is concerned I think we’re too reliant on the loanees. Probably wouldn’t have got then without the Lampard factor I know but they aren’t the future.
    I think the three big pluses this season are...the signing of Marriott and the emergence of both Bogle and Roos. Against that...we are no nearer finding a partner for Keogh, no nearer finding a midfield general, while players such as BJ, Bryson, Lawrence and Wisdom just seem to have gone backwards.
    On top of that we have, in Waghorn, a proven goalscorer who is repeatedly and wastefully played out wide.
    Lampard is the darling of the media, of that there is no doubt...I’ve even started to think we’ve changed our name to ‘Frank Lampard’s Derby County’...but does the reality match the hype? I’m beginning to wonder. At the end of the day our successes and failures are largely attributable to management. Overall there seem to be rather more failures than success stories.
    Genuinely hope I’m wrong.
    RA you should no by now i don't really care who our manager is But it's a bit harsh to compare Rowett and Lampard One is an experienced Championship manager the other is a novice Rowett never knew anymore than anybody else how to get more out of Vydra Rowett is a bull****ter He's the one who had Ince in the office told him he's not his type of player Goes to manage Stoke and pays Huddersfield £15million for him Where do you honestly think we should be with the financial restraints we are under Lampard has been forced recently to pick players ie Nugent Huddleston Johnson Bryson who are not exactly motivated because they are out the door in June

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Lampard has been forced recently to pick players ie Nugent Huddleston Johnson Bryson who are not exactly motivated because they are out the door in June
    Surely they should be motivated because they are in the shop window, shouldn't they? Play well and attract good offers, play poorly and retire.

RA you should no by now i don't really care who our manager is But it's a bit harsh to compare Rowett and Lampard One is an experienced Championship manager the other is a novice Rowett never knew anymore than anybody else how to get more out of Vydra Rowett is a bull****ter He's the one who had Ince in the office told him he's not his type of player Goes to manage Stoke and pays Huddersfield £15million for him Where do you honestly think we should be with the financial restraints we are under Lampard has been forced recently to pick players ie Nugent Huddleston Johnson Bryson who are not exactly motivated because they are out the door in June
    Not sure what that first sentence means, mista. You care as much as anyone I know of what happens to DCFC and the performance of the manager is crucial to that.
    I repeat...I truly want Lampard to do well for us. I’m just no longer sure that he’s getting any more out of this side than Rowett did last season and I’m no longer sure all of DCFCA’s criticisms are as unfounded as we’d all like to think.
    We have the same old failings...no ‘midfield general’, players played out of position, questionable signings, demotivated underperforming senior players and no alternative plan(s)/formation when things aren’t going well.
    Good performances in the next two and everything may change but suddenly FL has a lot to prove and other results are no longer going our way. May be a while till we here those familiar words, ‘and Frank Lampard’s Derby County...sixth’.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 18-02-2019 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Surely they should be motivated because they are in the shop window, shouldn't they? Play well and attract good offers, play poorly and retire.
    In theory yes but I would have thought anybody would find it hard to be motivated hen you have not been offered a contract In any case they have been free since Jan1 to talk to any club so they may already know where they are playing next season
    Last edited by mistaram; 18-02-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not sure what that first sentence means, mista. You care as much as anyone I know of what happens to DCFC and the performance of the manager is crucial to that.
    I repeat...I truly want Lampard to do well for us. I’m just no longer sure that he’s getting any more out of this side than Rowett did last season and I’m no longer sure all of DCFCA’s criticisms are as unfounded as we’d all like to think.
    We have the same old failings...no ‘midfield general’, players played out of position, questionable signings, demotivated underperforming senior players and no alternative plan(s)/formation when things aren’t going well.
    Good performances in the next two and everything may change but suddenly FL has a lot to prove and other results are no longer going our way. May be a while till we here those familiar words, ‘and Frank Lampard’s Derby County...sixth’.
    RA Not sure what you mean "he's not getting more out of this team than Rowett did" This team is not the Rowett team only two of that squad started the last match Under Rowett we finished sixth at the moment were seventh I agree with some of the things Dcfc says just the way he says them Plus he only comes in here when we lose never saw him after Man U Norwich or Hull games did we There's teams in this division spent millions Stoke Villa WBA Boro Forest some people need a reality check If we finish top 12 it's about where the financial restraints have allowed us to be

RA Not sure what you mean "he's not getting more out of this team than Rowett did" This team is not the Rowett team only two of that squad started the last match Under Rowett we finished sixth at the moment were seventh I agree with some of the things Dcfc says just the way he says them Plus he only comes in here when we lose never saw him after Man U Norwich or Hull games did we There's teams in this division spent millions Stoke Villa WBA Boro Forest some people need a reality check If we finish top 12 it's about where the financial restraints have allowed us to be
    By ‘this team’ I mean...Derby County. I know many of the personnel have changed but those who’ve been brought in are Lampard choices.
    I also agree with you about DVFCA, but that’s really the point I was making...yes he’s negative and usually only appears when things are going against us...but that doesn’t mean he’s always wrong in his criticism.

I did predict this when we hired him

He's not cut out for this league after years of playing in the bubble world of the Premiership, whereby your gran could manage the likes of City and Chelsea to league titles after spending 500m ffs

But I can't work out why the midfield is so s***?? I mean you'd think "frankie" could sort that area out having been one of the best midfielders in the world? or was it because he had the best players alongside him?

Was never going to work was it,,, The writing has been on the wall for months now, slow lethargic football, unfit players aswell,, I mean this league you need to be fit and yet we look so off the pace most games its embarrassing.

And before anyone comes on to bash me about we're a work in progress

Franks had 8 months + with this side and its getting progressively worse as the season goes on

Our lads look demotivated as well. Even some of the DCFC fans happy clappers are starting to see through the bull s*** now as well.

At least with Rowett we knew we had dog terrier spirit, don't see that with Lampards Derby do we

Season over I'm afraid, can't see us making top 6.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)