+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Sheffield Wednesday Post Match Thoughts

Got to agree. Ike was a lucky boy and the foriestieri on was a yellow.

With the sending off everyone keeps saying how does he get sent off for high 5ing a fan. However, the referee clearly points to 3 separate incidents when brandishing the card. I've seen the first one when he is near the corner as the goal goes in he runs to the crowd, but can't see if he goes over the boards. I've not seen the second incident, but the third one shown on the highlights he gives a high5 to a fan that is being reprimanded by stewards. Is the high5 not rewarding the fan for running on to the pitch?

Most players would have got straight up from the Icky challenge and carried on but Forestiri got 10/10 for amateur dramatics to make the challenge look worse than it actually was. Fortunately, the ref saw through it and made the right decision.

I thought it was a shocker myself and worthy of two red cards.

Two footed, studs up, knee high, late, reckless and possibly last man.

You can’t get much more red than that....

This is the illusion created for the ref and others such as yourself Loyal. If you look carefully at the video it was nothing like a 2 footed tackle on the knee area. If he caught him it was on his foot. He is up to these tricks every week and has perfected the art. Most refs now can see through it...he turns a bookable offence into a sending off by his theatrics.

When I first saw it, it looked bad but when I saw the replay it was a quite ordinary foul.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 19-02-2019 at 05:28 PM.

It was right in front of me, definitely straight red.

Bit of bad refereeing we actually profited from.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    I thought it was a shocker myself and worthy of two red cards.

Two footed, studs up, knee high, late, reckless and possibly last man.

You can’t get much more red than that....
    To be honest loyal, he was rolling around like that for other way less physical challenges on him, and whilst I thought it was a red card, I think because he was doing it all the time that the referee just didn't know whether it was a bad one or not, and fortunately gave ickie the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post

When I first saw it, it looked bad but when I saw the replay it was a quite ordinary foul.
    Perfect explanation why refs sometimes get it wrong..

Plus replays In this thread a perfect reason why car is a good thing..

Let me explain topsy.
    A probable 50/50 split in real time (red-yellow) After reviewing video evidence the 50% who deff thought it was a red is again split. So 75-25% split (no red) so that means it's just a yellow and wnk ref was right. Though I guess the 50% who didn't think it was a red could now be split and 50% of those could think it was a red after the replay. Back to 50/50 split
    Ow, what if some didn't think it was even Booking and Fernando did a tom Daly... Geez my head hurts. I wish we had some sort of replay ref like in rugby to clear this up

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Perfect explanation why refs sometimes get it wrong..

Plus replays In this thread a perfect reason why car is a good thing..

Let me explain topsy.
    A probable 50/50 split in real time (red-yellow) After reviewing video evidence the 50% who deff thought it was a red is again split. So 75-25% split (no red) so that means it's just a yellow and wnk ref was right. Though I guess the 50% who didn't think it was a red could now be split and 50% of those could think it was a red after the replay. Back to 50/50 split
    Ow, what if some didn't think it was even Booking and Fernando did a tom Daly... Geez my head hurts. I wish we had some sort of replay ref like in rugby to clear this up
    So then all this red and yellow would have pleased Kirk Broadfoot considering mixing the two gives orange.

I read what’s been said but I don’t always listen to Warneys interviews, has he mentioned Ihiekwe on his return or does he have a problem?

He’s mentioned having players back from injuries but still no mention of Ihiekwe who imo has done very well since coming back.

I’ll admit Ihiekwe isn’t best player to approach, always looks a miserable git but it’s what he does on the pitch that matters

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast