+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheffield Wednesday Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    WBA were the better side and they deserved their win but even against them we had two cleared off the line, hit woodwork twice, missed a pen and Towell was floored and another pen should have been given.
    As our resident BFC pundit says, who talks a lot of sense, it only needs a team to go on a run of say 3 wins in 5 or 6 games and they will just about be safe.
    Let's hope Reading aren't capable of that
    Those 3 wins came from a position of total deflation flour after the hiding at Ipswich on easter saturday .

You just couldn't see how we could do it , we had a team of league one players plus Brian Howard .

Leeds just crumbled under the pressure because those wins made their games that much harder , they knew a point wasn't good enough and it challenged their mentality .

We just about kept in touch all season and then 3 straight wins in the last 6 games was enough to get us safe .

Just watched a slow motion video of late equaliser and maybe forestieri was in a offside position when they scored.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    If you strip away the ref bias and the issues with his Mickey Mouse watch, did anybody else notice that he only gave free kicks when the incident was in relatively “safe” areas? ie like near the centre spot or out on the wing near the half way line. Similar offences in more dangerous areas he just ignored.

For such a pressure cooker game he was certainly “miscast”
    He was a bit nesh to be honest.

Some folks are wanting Icky to be beheaded for the tackle on Forestieri but not one of them is arguing about the way he tried to get Mattock booked for the first run in which was nothing and then the second when he did get Mattock booked for next to nowt.

The scissor tackle on Vaulks could have been worse and Vaulks could have easily have got him sent off for that and be assured that if it was the other way round Vaulks would have walked.

Moanng about Forestieri being sent off and comparing it to the tackle by Icky is just stupid.

Inverted feature Bruce wanted Icki red carded and then said that the fans stopped Foresetieri coming back on the pitch. If you look at their first goal and see how long the game had to be held up for the little get to get into position and that arguement flies out of the window.

The differences in the teams yesterday was that we were the better team and they scraped a point! For them to scratch about looking for moral victories throughout the match is desperate.

I would add that Bruce won't be there by the end of next season! He'll walk! He has too big a job to do and he's out dated!

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Millers v Blades still the record attendance (just before it gets asked)
    Yesterday was 11.733 I believe what was the match v the Blades?

Quote Originally Posted by Millersince75 View Post
    Just watched a slow motion video of late equaliser and maybe forestieri was in a offside position when they scored.
    He doesn't count! Apparently he's the biggest victim in the world yet does nowt wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Yesterday was 11.733 I believe what was the match v the Blades?

11607 I think

If you strip away the ref bias and the issues with his Mickey Mouse watch, did anybody else notice that he only gave free kicks when the incident was in relatively “safe” areas? ie like near the centre spot or out on the wing near the half way line. Similar offences in more dangerous areas he just ignored.

For such a pressure cooker game he was certainly “miscast”
    I certainly did notice. Smith, as in almost every game, had a defender trying to wear his shirt around the 18 yard box, limbs all over him - nothing given.
    Smith gets a slight push in the centre circle, instant free kick. Yet if that happened in the box I guarantee no penalty would be given.
    Another thing that really ****s me off, which happens every game, is opposition players stealing 20 yards for throw ins, while we always get told to go back.

11607 I think

11,758 according to Wiki

There was a few foul throw ins from them also, very cleaver how they only did it in the half away from the Lino

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    11,758 according to Wiki
    Yes it was close

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast