+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheffield Wednesday Post Match Thoughts

I’m not that convinced the ref got it wrong.
    I thought they’d be 5 minutes injury time before their player got injured in the 87th minute, so 8 minutes in my opinion was correct.

Now that starts not on 90 minutes but when play resumes and it was at least a minute after the the 90 that play resumed.

The situation worked in our favour last season at home to Doncaster so we can’t have our cake and wat it.

The problem is that it's not clear.
    If there was going to be 5 anyway, three for the injury and then it restarts on 92nd minute he should put up 10 minutes and not eight. Thereby everyone knows what to expect.......a minimum of ten more minutes of play once the game restarted
    If there's substitutions or more injuries in the ten mins them he can legitimately add on more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    What pisses me off is the amount of points we have lost due to poor officials at least when we went down last time we knew we deserved it because we was far worse but it pisses me off this time because the refs small club hate is stopping us from growing
    We didn't lose points today because of a poor official (and he was very poor). We lost points today because, once again, we failed to take some clear cut chances and then failed to manage the concluding minutes of the game.
    It's happened too many times this season but we never seem to learn from the mistakes and it will probably be our undoing in the end.
    The Reading game is now huge but they will.be favourites because of our dismal away record.
    On we go.......

The ref was poor without a doubt, but we should have put the game to bed with all of the chances we had.

But hey, let’s take pleasure on what we witnessed - fans of the massive celebrating scrounging a point against little old rovrum.

Game drawn but bragging rights firmly won.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    I'm normally a pessimist when it comes to RUFC but I'm going for it now. THIS is the turning point of our season. WINS ARE COMING!!!
    To be honest Shark, I think we are all pessimists in our own way, not just us but every teams supporters. When any team win by the odd goal and they have missed a few chances, it's natural for supporters to think that it will cost us the game, and sometimes they are right.
    However, today we had at least 3 guilt edged chances to change the course of the game, first of all Fordy went through 1 v 1 at 0-0 and keeper saved. Second one was ihiekwie cut back for smith on penalty spot also at 0-0 and he missed the net, and lastly Williams crossed and smith headed wide from around 7 yards that would have made it 3-1 and game over.
    We played so well but again couldn't get over the line.

Last edited by mikemiller; 16-02-2019 at 09:33 PM.

It's a bit like time becoming compressed when you're traveling close to the speed of light.... if the ref says there are officially 8 minutes of injury time left, then we will concede in the 10th minute of injury time, but if the ref had said, for example, there were only three minutes of injury time left, we would have conceded in the 5th minute of injury time. It makes no difference - like not being able to travel faster than the speed of light no matter what you do . The only reason that didn't happen at the Den must have been due to some quantum tunneling effect, although it was close!
    Last edited by mikemiller; 16-02-2019 at 09:37 PM.

So Steve Bruce is moaning that we should have had a straight red when his player made a similar foul which he got a yellow for? Then he moans that his player got a yellow for jumping in the crowd when the rules are clear??? What is that fat pr1ck on?

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    So Steve Bruce is moaning that we should have had a straight red when his player made a similar foul which he got a yellow for? Then he moans that his player got a yellow for jumping in the crowd when the rules are clear??? What is that fat pr1ck on?
    Obviously not a diet

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    The problem is that it's not clear.
    If there was going to be 5 anyway, three for the injury and then it restarts on 92nd minute he should put up 10 minutes and not eight. Thereby everyone knows what to expect.......a minimum of ten more minutes of play once the game restarted
    If there's substitutions or more injuries in the ten mins them he can legitimately add on more time.
    It is confusing
    My guess fwiw:

Full time (each half)ends exactly on 45 minutes after kick-off
    Injury time starts immediately after full time
    The referee tells the 4th official, as near as possible to full time (but not after it) what the extra time is
    If an injury starts before full time but continues into injury time then the extra time signalled by the 4th official is only the injury time accrued up to 45 minutes. The injury time after 45 minutes is added on to the end of the game in addition to the extra time signalled - just like any other injury stoppage during the extra time period.
    Last edited by wrinkly; 16-02-2019 at 10:13 PM.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast