+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheffield Wednesday Post Match Thoughts

Bruce has tried to deflect criticism from his own team,s woeful display.
    He's said we dragged them down to our level but Their level was way lower than ours. Not sure what standard he thinks his team played at.
    He's also said the added time was legitimate due to the head injury. That takes account of 8 mins but not 10

Bannon, Reach, forest boy and Fletcher all played and if that's the best they can come up with they should be ashamed of themselves. I would suggest those four are all on £30-50k a week each.

A decent finisher and we would have been celebrating 6-2 victories against both the blue pigs and the red pigs a few months ago.

We should have paid part of Nouha Dicko,s wages and we,d be six points better off in the last seven days alone.

Joe Mason has turned down Plymouth this last week.........
    Great display from us and highly entertaining. I've still never seen us beat the snorters at home in the league

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    In some ways this is worse than the last time we were in this league when we were down by now. At least we knew the outcome early on. We know what the outcome will be now in our hearts but we cling on to the hope that we may just for once be wrong.If we lose against Reading next week I would think it will take us a miracle of Warnock proportions to keep us up. And it aint gonna happen...

What pisses me off me this season is our position is so feckin avoidable.
    That's the frustrating thing - it SHOULD have been easy to avoid relegation this season, compared with last time. We are rarely being outplayed, we're creating lots of chances, unlike last time on both counts, but we can't put the ball in the net, and there are usually stupid individual defensive errors... recently in the last few minutes of games
    Last edited by mikemiller; 16-02-2019 at 05:46 PM.

It is so predictable what we will do. If we had won 6-2 today nobody could have complained. We go into panic mode in injury time. We are gonna go down but the daft thing is we are a gnats off being a team who could be 10 points better off now. I don't know what the answer is all I do know is that we will not learn from this and we are likely to do exactly the same thing at Reading next week.

Its not that we don't try but we dont have footballing brains. We have heart but no nouse. We might have emotional intelligence but we need football intelligence.

As for SWFC they certainly have the hoodoo over us at home even when they are shi te like today. They are so jammy they ought to call Hillsbore the Robinson stadium.
    Roly, I take your point but to win 6-2 we would need 97 shots on target we don't have any quality

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    He must be absolutely gutted about his finishing today, I am.

His work rate was 101% but boy could he have helped grab all three points today.Very poor finishing which is all the difference between staying up or dropping down a league.

Yes Forde had a 1 on 1 with Westwood and others were missed, however, I thought Smiffy had a mare with his finishing.

Going back to his effort throughout the game, he was immense and was constantly being fouled with little or no protection from the inept Ref. His sublime taking down of a high ball is great to see and his simple lay offs help bring the game forward. He just needs to score more......

Come on Smiffy you can do it lad.
    Had a chat with Smudger after the game, he realises he had the chance to score. I gave him the same advice I gave Alex Revell prior to Wemberleeee, relax, shoot on sight, if it ends up in row 'Z' who cares.

Relax people we're still hanging in there......

It is so predictable what we will do. If we had won 6-2 today nobody could have complained. We go into panic mode in injury time. We are gonna go down but the daft thing is we are a gnats off being a team who could be 10 points better off now. I don't know what the answer is all I do know is that we will not learn from this and we are likely to do exactly the same thing at Reading next week.

Its not that we don't try but we dont have footballing brains. We have heart but no nouse. We might have emotional intelligence but we need football intelligence.

As for SWFC they certainly have the hoodoo over us at home even when they are shi te like today. They are so jammy they ought to call Hillsbore the Robinson stadium.
    The bit about us being a gnats off having 10 more points is so true. I felt bad enough coming out of the ground when we drew with Bolton, and even though IMO Wednesday were better than Bolton, the game should really have been put to bed way before their leveller.
    Smudger has become a bit of an enigma for us,because he is absolutely paramount to the way we play but yet continues to miss sitters when he gets in good areas, the miss when he shot wide in first half, and then headed wide from 8 yards which would have made it 3-1 in 2nd half but counter that when he chased the lost cause and crossed for taylor to score our first goal......so frustrating.
    However, we are most certainly getting back to the energetic non stopping team we were early season so that has to be a good sign for the tough run in we have. I can't finish without mentioning the referee, I have mentioned before that I refereed myself, and understand how difficult it is, but I don't think I have EVER shouted for what I thought were OBVIOUS fouls on our players, especilly smudger, in any game in my lifetime, and I am in my early 60''s.
    We have the worst run in of all the bottom five, but I console myself by the fact that we wont play any different against bottom teams as we do against top teams, so if they aren't willing to fight us they will get beat. It's now going to be really tough for us to stay up given our run in, but then again the other teams round us have to perform too. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Had a chat with Smudger after the game, he realises he had the chance to score. I gave him the same advice I gave Alex Revell prior to Wemberleeee, relax, shoot on sight, if it ends up in row 'Z' who cares.

Relax people we're still hanging in there......
    Good on you Casper, his confidence must be through floor.

You should have had a word with Towell on when to pass the bloody ball and not be Ball greedy

A lot of good points there Ronners. I agree we are just as likely to beat the top teams at home as the bottom teams so in a way league position doesn't matter. We could have beaten Leeds if we had taken our chances. We should have beaten the Blunts, We will probably be saying we should have beaten Norwich. Indeed we could have beaten Norwich away it Towell had not hit the post. We have matched teams gebnerally pretty well this season but the reason we will go down will be down to missed chances.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Good on you Casper, his confidence must be through floor.

You should have had a word with Towell on when to pass the bloody ball and not be Ball greedy
    Never saw Towell topsy........Is that that the same Richie Towell that scored Lol....

Yes he should have passed on that occassion

Yes the referee was shocking and they are a bunch of cheating divers.
    But the reason we dropped points is because we have a striker what is nowhere near championship standard.
    Yes he works incredibly hard but the misses are worse than Sunday league.

Seems everyone is blaming the ref for us having a striker what can’t score.

Also they are the biggest delusional set of supporters anywhere if they went bust tomorrow I would be glad.

A lot of good points there Ronners. I agree we are just as likely to beat the top teams at home as the bottom teams so in a way league position doesn't matter. We could have beaten Leeds if we had taken our chances. We should have beaten the Blunts, We will probably be saying we should have beaten Norwich. Indeed we could have beaten Norwich away it Towell had not hit the post. We have matched teams gebnerally pretty well this season but the reason we will go down will be down to missed chances.
    The other thing is roly that even though our run in looks tough, by the time we play some of these teams, their hopes of either automatic or play off position may well have disappeared, and we could be playing teams that have little or nothing to play for.......or is this just wishful thinking?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast