+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheffield Wednesday Post Match Thoughts

Inability to score more than 2 goals is a distinct disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    OK we can argue that we were robbed, but the cruel fact is that we missed half a dozen really good chances, with three of them being easier to score than miss. It's results like this that will send us down and for one reason only - the club's abysmal failure to recruit. A decent centre forward would have had a hat-trick today. The club continues to show a lack of ambition while the players run their blood to water.

Sadly agree - don't think we'll stay up and it won't be for lack of effort on the pitch

If we didn’t have bad luck we wouldn’t have any!

Feels like a loss!

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    OK we can argue that we were robbed, but the cruel fact is that we missed half a dozen really good chances, with three of them being easier to score than miss. It's results like this that will send us down and for one reason only - the club's abysmal failure to recruit. A decent centre forward would have had a hat-trick today. The club continues to show a lack of ambition while the players run their blood to water.
    Twenty-five shots,but just six on target. For any other Championship team that would have probably been worth three or four goals, possibly more. We can't can't give any other striker else a chance to play though, because they are injured, we haven't signed any replacements and Warney won't put one of the young lads from the reserves even on the bench... so looks like nothing is going to change.

Smiffy, Smiffy Smiffy...

He must be absolutely gutted about his finishing today, I am.

His work rate was 101% but boy could he have helped grab all three points today.Very poor finishing which is all the difference between staying up or dropping down a league.

Yes Forde had a 1 on 1 with Westwood and others were missed, however, I thought Smiffy had a mare with his finishing.

Going back to his effort throughout the game, he was immense and was constantly being fouled with little or no protection from the inept Ref. His sublime taking down of a high ball is great to see and his simple lay offs help bring the game forward. He just needs to score more......

Come on Smiffy you can do it lad.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Inability to score more than 2 goals is a distinct disadvantage.
    Inability not to concede at least 2 equally so!

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Inability not to concede at least 2 equally so!
    I remember when I was a kid in the 81 Championship season when Moore scored in the last minute to win 2-1 at home to the Blades, on the way out a couple of old blokes were saying we were definitely going up - you can just tell with little breaks that fall for you.

Seen that over the years in multiple promotion and relegation seasons. Those little breaks continually going for/against you and you can read how it's going to turn out. Scunny 2-1 last season...

Generally, its the quality that is leveling out the season to end pretty much where you deserve with the quality of players you have.

Now, where did I put that razor blade??

At the end of the day we battered them and fully deserved to win BUT some of our misses were unforgivable and as has been said numerous times we will continue to struggle because we don't have a natural finisher. According to the BBC 25 attempts for us today!

Having said the above we would have probably still have won if we had been treated even remotely fairly by the officials, why does this happen week in week out, I am sick of it spoiling every game. 8 minutes went up and the goal was timed at 90 + 10 , Ronnie Moore is right

An appalling referring error and gross injustice

When the last injury took place the referee should have stopped adding time on when 90 minutes were up.

It was a lengthy stoppage but when the injury took place there were only 2 minutes left on the stadium clock so that was the maximum the referee could add on for that injury but it seems he added on the full amount of time the treatment took.

Had that injury not taken place would the referee have added on 6 minutes for the other stoppages? Certainly not, 4 at the most. His 8 minutes added time must have been about 2 minutes longer than the amount he should have awarded.

I've passed my opinion on the the club and suggested they make a complaint about it.

Wednesday were as poor a team as I've seen this season, play offs my ar*e.
    In this league if you miss 3 or 4 chances you can guarantee the other team won't.
    So simply we must start putting away these chances or we are toast.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast