+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheffield Wednesday Post Match Thoughts

Carnt fau

Carnt fault our players for effort. For me the reason we did not win today was down to the chairman not investing any players apart from matt crooks in the last transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    The other thing is roly that even though our run in looks tough, by the time we play some of these teams, their hopes of either automatic or play off position may well have disappeared, and we could be playing teams that have little or nothing to play for.......or is this just wishful thinking?
    No, you're bang on Ronners. The complexion of the league always changes in the run in with "strange results" popping up during the last month or so.

The feeling after this one is worse then when we let two goals in in injury time to lose. I can honestly say I've never felt as gutted after a match, but we have to cling to some positives. The performance today was outstanding...apart from the bloody finishing! If we keep up that level of the performance the "mis-hits" and "post-shavers" at least have to start creeping in at some point.

Stay up or go down?...heart says stay up....head says.......

Ask me again after Reading

Nathan Hemmingham
    Nathan Hemmingham
    @JournoNath
    Paul Warne: 'What's the point in speaking to the ref? I don't think I can be bothered. He told me eight minutes, I had my watch going, it was two minutes past that, where did he get those two minutes from I have no idea?

Paul Davis
    Paul Davis
    @paulm_davis
    ·
    3h
    #rufc boss Paul Warne can't understand where 10 mins of added time came from when eight were signalled. Not planning to talk to ref. "Waste of breath."

Think Warney might be a tad upset

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Carnt fault our players for effort. For me the reason we did not win today was down to the chairman not investing any players apart from matt crooks in the last transfer window
    Fletcher's wages alone are more than our 1st team....and he was only on the bloody bench! That's the sort of financial muscle we're up against in this league (hopefully that sort of grotesque fact will come back to haunt Wednesday, but that's another story)

I take your point about not signing anybody, but it's nowhere near as easy as some people like to think

Yes you are right it's not easy. But our chairman has shown he's not that bothered if we go down or not. Lack of invest in the last transfer window

Reading Bolton Ipswich all brought players in. At least they have shown a willingness to try to stay in this league

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Indeed we could have beaten Norwich away if Towell had not hit the post. We have matched teams generally pretty well this season but the reason we will go down will be down to missed chances.
    Think it was Towell who scored, and it was Williams who hit the post.

We could still sign the German or perhaps Joe Mason if we really wanted to.
    Doesn't look likely though.
    So near yet so far

I wouldn't be surprised if Mason signs for someone like Reading or Millwall although they,re taking their time about it as it,s over two weeks since the window shut
    Last edited by flourbasher; 16-02-2019 at 07:27 PM.

I love watching Smudger and I hope he keeps his chin up. His contribution and commitment are superb and if he was a better finisher we wouldn’t be able to afford his boot laces. The ref was a disgrace.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast