+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hope the bloke is ok but did not look good

Pocket, don't know about that poor chap but a good friend who sits with us, had a heart attack when he left the stadium.

I've been in contact with him today and he is currently in hospital awaiting further tests etc but they have confirmed he had a heart attack. Best wishes to Frank and all his family. Clearly an upsetting experience for them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Wrinks, I type in what Grist suggests and automatically see aDaily Mirror report saying'Rotherham machete attack: Shopkeeper Parvaiz Iqbal dead and second man seriously injured
    Witnesses reported seeing a man brandishing a 12-inch weapon soaked in blood and a shop and 10 car windows being smashed on the road. I clearly recall this back in 2013 also.
    I remember that incident Brin. I was parked in Tesco's forge island car park. I'd been in town and when I got back to my car the place was swarming with police. They wouldn't let any cars move. I asked a wpc what was going on and she told me there was a bloke with a machete in Tescos.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Pocket, don't know about that poor chap but a good friend who sits with us, had a heart attack when he left the stadium.

I've been in contact with him today and he is currently in hospital awaiting further tests etc but they have confirmed he had a heart attack. Best wishes to Frank and all his family. Clearly an upsetting experience for them all.
    Puts yesterday’s game into perspective pal.
    Hope he recovers well and his family are ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Puts yesterday’s game into perspective pal.
    Hope he recovers well and his family are ok.
    Cheers Pocket.I'll pass on your kind words even though you don't know him.

First aiders were also summoned to the away end yesterday. Fans were having a pop at the first aiders because they were just strolling to the incident.

To be fair they weren’t exactly busting a gut to help.

sounds like a bloke slipped and nasty gash to his head.

First up Pass my thoughts on to Frank Brin hope for a speedy recovery. Wasn't there some trouble at the Don street entrance after the game? Now i didn't see what happened yesterday for some reason i decided to wait till the Wednesday lot had dispersed before i walked to my car. I Parked it up near Millmoor on this occasion. This is what i heard from a couple of people who saw it first hand at least 1 Wednesday fan ran through the crowd and attacked a Rotherham fan shouting **** like we are WEDNESDAY .The guy was either very pissed or stupid he connected with a couple of people hitting 1 guy at the back of the head. Apparently the guy was corned by a group and given a right pasting .Allegedly not seen or heard anything from the media so it might be exaggerated .

I don’t know what happened to the bloke near town hall, already people round him, quite e a bit of blood round him which was probably from his head by the look.

I didn’t see any trouble after game but I wasn’t out first thing.

I saw the bloke in ground being wheeled towards medical room after game with his head bandaged up.

Hope they are all ok

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    First up Pass my thoughts on to Frank Brin hope for a speedy recovery. Wasn't there some trouble at the Don street entrance after the game? Now i didn't see what happened yesterday for some reason i decided to wait till the Wednesday lot had dispersed before i walked to my car. I Parked it up near Millmoor on this occasion. This is what i heard from a couple of people who saw it first hand at least 1 Wednesday fan ran through the crowd and attacked a Rotherham fan shouting **** like we are WEDNESDAY .The guy was either very pissed or stupid he connected with a couple of people hitting 1 guy at the back of the head. Apparently the guy was corned by a group and given a right pasting .Allegedly not seen or heard anything from the media so it might be exaggerated .
    I will do fella and I'm sure he'll appreciate your kind thoughts.

On the Weds idiot situation, I was a few yards off and apparently this lonesome idiot took it upon himself to think it was okay to attempt to launch into a Millers fan from behind. He was quickly cornered by the railings by a very angry mob of Millers.

He had actually been in our end all the match and was on his way out of the Don Street entrance when he began his assault. How he didn't get a good hiding was because two very large built middle aged Millers fans, intervened and protected him from getting a good kicking.

Cowered in the corner with nowhere to go, I think he came to his senses and took up their advice to go back towards the main entrance and fence via all the parked cars for his own sake. Whatever possessed him to have a go at the home fans all on his own beggars belief. I bet he didn't even know where he was at the time such was his incoherent slavering.

Thick as f*** as the going says and if he had been set upon he'd only himself to blame.

We got spat on when we left the West Stand

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast