+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stags Forum See What They're Saying

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy View Post
    This wasn't a 'plucky bottom of the league beats top few' story. Our side is now one of the best in the league, of that there is little to no doubt. Was nothing to do with how good or bad Mansfield played, but ALL about our side. We are staying up, and will undoubtedly challenge top of the league next year. See you back down here, cos on that showing Stags are staying exactly where they are
    I'm surprised this hasn’t been said earlier. I agree 100%. Neal Ardley simply outwitted Flitcroft with a brilliant game plan which didn’t allow Mansfield to play their usual game. There's no doubting NA and his management team are master tacticians and their recruitment strategy this January has been an outstanding success.
    I wonder if Mansfield have peaked now and like Notts this time last season are going to slip out the automatic promotion slots and have to play MK Dons in the playoffs. With a couple of diabolical decisions they could miss out on promotion and we could be stuffing them again next season too on our way to the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Just had a look on there and it's a very enjoyable read, especially the before and after bit on the 'Clownty Scorefred' topic. To be fair though, it's the usual mix you get on most footy messageboards. For every "the ref gave it to them" post, there are two accepting that we deserved it and they bottled it.

Thanks for that reference Elite and it was entertaining. They certainly did not think much to Mr Mason although one suggested that the ref may have thought that Forest and County were the same. Given that Mr Mason seemed to do no favours to Forest in the week I did not fully understand that unless the Staggy was referring to those incidents where the ref bottled a couple of potential sendings off yesterday of Mansfield players.

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    Thanks for that reference Elite and it was entertaining. They certainly did not think much to Mr Mason although one suggested that the ref may have thought that Forest and County were the same. Given that Mr Mason seemed to do no favours to Forest in the week I did not fully understand that unless the Staggy was referring to those incidents where the ref bottled a couple of potential sendings off yesterday of Mansfield players.
    Ref was a homer and the pitch was bobbly apparently. Couldnt make it up. Completely miss the fact they should have finished with 9 men and the pitch is one of the best in the league in mid Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy View Post
    Ref was a homer and the pitch was bobbly apparently. Couldnt make it up. Completely miss the fact they should have finished with 9 men and the pitch is one of the best in the league in mid Feb.
    I read that about the pitch 😂 absolutely laughable. Then again, this is from the same fans that claimed they had the best pitch in the league when it looked like a random field!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Nice one Bob..

Bad performance from us and no fight, which is disappointing given we almost always show up to derbies, but we take it in the chin. These type of performances happen sometimes and we have to accept that over a season we'll have some poor games, it just had to come against Notts! You showed that you have enough quality and desire to stay up and I'm genuinely happy for you, I don't want you to go down. For me, our game is one of my favourites and I don't want to lose it. Next season you will be a force in this league and I hope you join us in League 1 where I have no doubt we are heading.

I have always had a bit of soft spot for Mansfield (except when playing us) since the mid seventies when an old mate of mine played and captained you, Colin Foster. (Not the tall one who went to Forest). I used to come and watch the odd game. His son Steve had a trial with us and played for Bristol Rovers.
    I hope you go up.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I have always had a bit of soft spot for Mansfield (except when playing us) since the mid seventies when an old mate of mine played and captained you, Colin Foster. (Not the tall one who went to Forest). I used to come and watch the odd game. His son Steve had a trial with us and played for Bristol Rovers.
    I hope you go up.

I don’t.

As the other thread shows the difference in class between the 11 who put on the Black&White at Field Mill just before Christmas and the 11 who wore the shirt yesterday is so big it's difficult to find the right words to describe it. I was at Field Mill and we were completely inept that day.
    Although we still need wins on the board, this team is capable of getting them, and from a position of Castleton (Beyond Hope for those with Derbyshire geography knowledge) I have no doubt at all that we will stay up.
    I also think that Mansfield and Lincoln are nailed on for 2 of the 3 promotion places. Unless Lincoln do something radical they will be there for one season at most.

Just had another quick glance on Stagsnet as it's such an enjoyable read, and spotted this little gem:

"This is basically a request to all you Stags fans ! ....Mums ,Dad's, Kids, Husbands,Wife's,Grandma's, Granddad's, Aunt's, Uncles, Nephews, Nieces, Mates etc etc etc WE ARE ALL ONE BIG FAMILY SO LETS GIVE IT OUR ALL TODAY".

We couldn't have put it better ourselves!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast