+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Double Whammy ?

Double Whammy ?

Trying hard to be objective here. I have no arguments about the silly tug on the jersey by McGuire being a penalty , none at all. What I do find unacceptable is for McGuire to be red carded AND a penalty award. We have enough problems getting folk in the ground without a daft moment more or less giving us a mountain to climb and ruining the game.

We have to face it... WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    We have to face it... WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!
    Bagapapa , I wasn't asking about that. I was asking whether a ref spoils a game with the double punishment ?

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Bagapapa , I wasn't asking about that. I was asking whether a ref spoils a game with the double punishment ?
    I see your point JRS, although I suppose Dallas was going by the laws of the game...

Bagapapa I'm disgusted at your comment!

Queens gave their all in the 2nd half and absolute hammered Dundee Utd.

Did you actually watch the game?

What was the final score? We got beat. We were not good enough. It was not the worst game we have have played but we got beat, suggests to me we were not good enough. I stayed to the end which suggests that we were in with a chance. But, we weren't good enough. In the run up, I suspect that we won't be good enough but hey ho. Glad you enjoyed today Jardi masochism aint my bag though.

On a serious mote , next Saturday at home to Alloa is looking like a huge game in what will be a small crowd . Partick won again while Falkirk was postponed . Thistle are coming in like a steam train now and we need points on the board.

Masochism may not be your bag papa, - but you have to admit that if Queens hadn't had a man sent off ( a booking was adequate punishment) Utd would have been pummelled in the second half?

I must admit that in the first 45 we were second to every ball and we looked liked we were suffering a hangover from Pittodrie, - but whatever was placed in the half time tea should really have been checked by the DS, because Queens were awesome in that second period.

People around me were saying at half time that they'd settle for a draw, but I would have been quite content with 0-3 at that point.

Naysmith must be congratulated for re-jigging his squad and the master stroke was bringing Marshall into midfield...……….perhaps that's where the boy should stay for the rest of the season? His work rate was incredible as was Mercer, Low and Dykes, - while Martin had his best 45 minutes for Queens, - coming to meet every ball and making a cracking save as well.

Dobbie's free kick was inches away, - while Mercer's shot off the bar was superb, - so apart from the result, - what was not to like about that second half? The players bust a gut for the fans and their manager and they almost got the point which was the minimum they deserved on the day.

I'm truly sorry papa, - but there was nothing masochistic about watching that second half performance. I've always said that if the players give you 100%, - you can't ask for any more, - and as far as I'm concerned and all the people around me, they couldn't have done ay more.

Well done Queens......you did us proud today, but it didn't quite come off for you in terms of the result.

Sorry jardi I’ve got to disagree with some of your comments here.

You point out it was a fantastic 2nd half display......yes it was a good display from 10 players but the first half we were shocking with 11 players and a game lasts 90 minutes. There is no point in just playing well for 45 minutes in games.

You say Naismith should be congratulated for re jigging the team.....for me he should be criticised for his tactics in the first half. Dobie was up front on his own yet again and was isolated for most of the first half. How many times has this happened this season. The man is far more effective when he has dykes to play off. Naysmith was forced to make those changes with the sending off and they just wouldn’t have happened otherwise.

You say that if the players give 100% effort then we can’t ask for more......yes we should. Any one of us can go out and give 100% effort. Players should be giving 100% every game and that should be taken for granted. It’s the effort coupled with the quality that makes good players and in the dept of quality I think we fall a bit short for competing in the play offs.

So for me bagpa is correct in what he is saying.......we are triers and I would never say we are a poor side, but we just aren’t going to be good enough to get through any play offs, or even get into them for that matter

Oh and another thing it was Jacobs that hit the bar and finally. If it was a Utd player who brought down dobie in the same situation then we’d all be screaming for that player to walk and get a penalty. that is the rules so there is no point crying about

Fatfan, believe it or not I accept and concur with almost all you say. If you re-read my post, - I was highly critical of Queens' performance in the first half, - when at best they were 'sluggish.'

That infers that the manager did not set his stall out properly, - but that being said, - if they'd gone in at half time 0-0 with 11 players, - he could have reassessed the situation for the second half. You must remember Fatfan, that Dundee Utd went to St. Mirren and beat them last week, ( a team who incidentally drew with a certain Aberdeen at Pittodrie yesterday) - so I think it is grossly unfair to be so critical of our manager, - who would have been crucified (on this board) if he'd been gung-ho and we'd gone in at half time with 11 players but losing 3-0!

The 2nd half was brilliantly executed, - there is no other way to explain it. The players were superb, - the managers tactics were akin to Jose Mourinho when he was 'The Special One,' and if Dobbie's free kick and Jacob's strike had gone in, - we would all be lauding him on this board and talking about the play offs! (My apologies to Jacobs, I thought it was Mercer)

The rules are the rules, - we all know them, - but the referee can also interpret them differently and a red card was a td harsh, - even though technically it was the correct refereeing decision.

Regarding the team being just triers and not good enough for the play -offs, - I have to wholeheartedly disagree; if 10 QOS players can contain the team which will probably finish 2nd, - causing Nielson to bring on an extra defender and ultimately play 5 at the back, - with their goalkeeper theatrically rolling over every time he clutched the ball, while all 520 odd Utd fans breathed a collective sigh of relief when Dallas blew the final whistle, - then we are much more than jut triers.

Finally, it irks me that on another thread we ask "where have all the fans gone?" when our supposed top fans like Bagapapa and Fatfan openly criticise a team who gave their all in that second half yesterday (albeit admittedly on this occasion not for the full 90 minutes)

It is those sort of comments, - and in particular Papas' statement and I quote: "We have to face it...…..WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!" - which drive away potential fans. I honestly don't think that you guys can see it can you? You are shooting the club down, - and this is something which the Falkirk and Partick Thistle fans will not do.

Very quietly both Falkirk and Parick are climbing the table, -almost below the radar, - and I can see Falkirk being a big contender for the play offs for promotion!

Come on folks, constructive criticism is welcomed, - but slagging your team off publicly is the very thing which will limit the attendance at the Alloa match next week.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)