+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Double Whammy ?

Cold light of day assessment.
    The players need to be fully commended for the effort they put into the second half and were rightly appluaded off by the crowd at the end as they were more than worthy of taking something from the game.
    The first half we were simply not at the races, lacking intensity and sitting far too deep for much of it and Doyle had a right go to try and push them further up the pitch and I would have been more than happy to have got to half time on level terms.
    Double whammy is unfair but those are the rules and the young lad McGuire will hopefully learn from the incident. Once he had made the error he should not have tugged the forward back and hoped that Martin could have made the save but whatever it would have been better him staying on the pitch rather than leaving us with ten men.
    The sending off forced the manager to change tactics which clearly worked but whether he would have gone to a back three if we still had eleven on the pitch is extremely doubtful as Anderson said afterwards that they were considering pushing Dykes further up the pitch to support Dobbie.
    This was another occasion when we started slowly as well as lacking confidence in our own attacking abilities. In some home games we have taken the game to the opposition from the outset which has paid off handsomely so I cannot understand why we do not use these tactics against everyone as it is clear that we are not inferior to any of them and can beat them.
    We are good enough when we apply ourselves positively from the start of games and take it to the opponents.
    Next up Alloa which now becomes more important than ever to take all three point and remembering the last game we started off slowly again before turning it around and were unlucky at the end to only get a 3-3 having been three down. Let's really go for it from the off and get the fans roaring them on to three points .
    Mon the South

Just to add:- That refereeing performance, long with his new stand linesman, was as poor as I have seen and that is one of our best in Dallas oh dear!!!!
    Last edited by Spikefaethesouth; 17-02-2019 at 09:15 AM.

Could just imagine Dallas appplying the strict double punishment rules if a Rangers player was involved - not

This is exactly why these promising young Prem players get sent to us. Their clubs want them to do their rash decision making at Palmerston , learn from it and then go back to them and not do it. No one is a ready made player and they have to learn like we all do in whatever we do.

Check out @OurDUFC’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/OurDUFC/status/1...160735232?s=09 Here's the incident

Spike, - a good light of say assessment. I think many of us should learn that doing a 'President Trump,' - is not a wise move.

Can I add once again, Naysmith has discovered (or it should be patently obvious) that young Marshall is a better servant to the club in left midfield and he should be given that role more often as Spike, Fatfan and Bagapapa have suggested (quite rightly) that football is a game of 90 minutes, and we have the ability to press teams from the off, - as we have proved against Ayr Utd, Ross county and premier league Dundee.

Critically as the chasing pack could easily swamp Queens we must take the game to the opposition and start putting some points on the board...…...if only to bring Dundee Utd to Plamerston in the play-offs and to prove that we are capable of beating them. If nothing else inspires the management team to reach the 4th spot, - then they must relish that prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Spike, - a good light of say assessment. I think many of us should learn that doing a 'President Trump,' - is not a wise move.

Can I add once again, Naysmith has discovered (or it should be patently obvious) that young Marshall is a better servant to the club in left midfield and he should be given that role more often as Spike, Fatfan and Bagapapa have suggested (quite rightly) that football is a game of 90 minutes, and we have the ability to press teams from the off, - as we have proved against Ayr Utd, Ross county and premier league Dundee.

Critically as the chasing pack could easily swamp Queens we must take the game to the opposition and start putting some points on the board...…...if only to bring Dundee Utd to Plamerston in the play-offs and to prove that we are capable of beating them. If nothing else inspires the management team to reach the 4th spot, - then they must relish that prospect.
    Yes Jardi I do recall you saying that it is not always the best time to comment in the immediate aftermath of a game when emotions are still high which is what the managers are forced to do and probably why Naysmith left it to his deputy yesterday.

Jardi. I think your being a bit cheeky stating that it's people like myself and bagpa, who i do not know, are discouraging people from coming to Palmerston. I constantly defend queens but I am not going to say we are world beaters when we are not
    For me Saturdays game summed our season up. Worst performance I have seen in the 1st half followed by one of the best. Total inconsistency and that proves we are just not good enough to reach the play offs.
    I said we were triers which I see as a plus point. We have some quality in certain players to match the effort but there are some players that are bang average but do a job by effort. That is not going to get you promoted. You need both. Quality and effort and we fall short with the quality in some areas.
    You say I shouldn't be criticising the manager...Why not. You have regularly this year been complaining about lack of substitutions etc. I point out that he got it all wrong in the 1st half by leaving dobs up front alone and the side sitting to deep against a poor Utd side, hence dobs was isolated in that 1st half. This,by your own admission has been an on going tactic that just doesn't work. And I am wrong to criticise!!
    I have defended the manager on a lot of points and praised him on the odd occasion but I will also point out when I think he has cost us dearly. Just like you have done on a regular basis.
    Too say that we are discouraging people to come to palmerston with these comments is an insult. I am pointing out my thoughts on the side, a side I watch at Palmerston and travel to see on a regular basis when I can. That's what forums are for. A stage where ALL can voice there opinion. I stand by every comment I have made and I would like to think I have put the reasons why I think this, but at no time would I discourage anyone to attend games with my views. I would do the opposite. But I am not willing to state we are good enough, but I would say we can be entertaining enough. That is two separate things completely!!!

Fatan, as I said I concur with your views in essence, - and largely do so again.

There is a fine line between constructive criticism and belittling a team, - and I'm sure you have to agree stating and I quote: "We have to face it...…..WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!" - is not going to bring any extra fans back to Palmerston?

I know it wasn't you, - and I can also accept that it was a heat of the moment statement, - but that is precisely the point, - if on this forum we are trying to think of ways of encouraging extra people to come along to the terracings, - that is the wrong way of going about it.

Sorry jardi.But that was not a "heat of the moment" statement. That was, and is the case,as proven again today. However I will be at Dunfermline next week hoping we can show what we are well capable of doing. If only the manager, and more importantly, the players have the belief in themselves.

Remember where you heard it first!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)