+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading away...

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Spoken to a Blunt at work after their win on Saturday who advises the following....

SUFC scored in less than a minute which tells it's own story
    Very fragile and suspect in defence
    Powder puff attack.
    Midfield is very mobile and can pass the ball.

Need to be wary of this as they've got a big pitch with lots of wide open spaces

Sounds like a Mansun song!!!

I believe this could be the equivalent of the MK Dons game!!! Especially after recent performances and our ability to create chances from open play rather than relying on set pieces.

If only we had a goal scorer we'd probably be mid-table.

Are you going Ian ?

Mobile midfields have been our Achilles heel all season !

No Dave, not this time mate.

Nicola has recently had a hip replacement and she can't drive for a few weeks.

I went to the England v France RU game last Sunday and it went down like a lead balloon!!!
    It didn't help that I left home at 6.30am (left my car at Wickersley over night) and didn't get back home until just after 1.00am 'cos the mini bus was late leaving London (flat battery!!)

I was also in London the Tuesday before that at the FIS Annual Lunch and I think that any mention of travel in that region is not a "conversation" worth considering until she's up and running again.

Ok buddy sounds like you need to be at home and best wishes to Nicola
    I'll be there so here's to 3 points

For those driving down what's best option for pub and parking.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    For those driving down what's best option for pub and parking.
    Follow one of the coaches from the Bridge Inn, they'll have a pub in mind where they will be stopping I reckon mate.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Spoken to a Blunt at work after their win on Saturday who advises the following....

SUFC scored in less than a minute which tells it's own story
    Very fragile and suspect in defence
    Powder puff attack.
    Midfield is very mobile and can pass the ball.

Need to be wary of this as they've got a big pitch with lots of wide open spaces
    Flour, this the same powder puff team that smashed us to pieces first half at ours and could have been 4 up before half time?

I cannot recall the last time we won at Reading and this will be OUR CUP FINAL, forget what Bruce said last Saturday!

Lose and we're down, win and it's all to play for. Cayton said he'd take a point I say we need to win at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Reading are one of the best teams I have seen at our place, and I really have no idea how they didn't win....BUT THEY DIDN'T.
    The fact that they are still struggling suggests that their performance at ours might have been a one off and maybe they aren't as good as they seemed.
    We will play no different against anyone we will come up against between now and the end of season, and after having ALL of our flair players out for quite a while, we now have them all back, hopefully for our run in.
    Back against us at your peril, because the bookies don't know what we know.

After watching our game v the Owls, I then watched the Blades game and they absolutely battered Reading. If both teams (Reading & us), play as they played on Saturday then we would win this one hands down, but teams never seem to play the same twice on the trot, do they? We know how good we can be but it's so frustrating when we sit back and try and soak up the pressure because as we all know, we can't keep a clean sheet. This is a must win game, for us AND them, because a draw is no good because of our inferior goal difference, plus the fact that we've got some bloody tough games coming up. Come on Millers, we can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Nez View Post
    After watching our game v the Owls, I then watched the Blades game and they absolutely battered Reading. If both teams (Reading & us), play as they played on Saturday then we would win this one hands down, but teams never seem to play the same twice on the trot, do they? We know how good we can be but it's so frustrating when we sit back and try and soak up the pressure because as we all know, we can't keep a clean sheet. This is a must win game, for us AND them, because a draw is no good because of our inferior goal difference, plus the fact that we've got some bloody tough games coming up. Come on Millers, we can do this.
    Nez, as much as Forde looked okay against the piggies and apparently was unplayable at Hull, Williams must start over him come Saturday. Williams runs opposition defenders ragged with his mazy runs and we need to attack from the off.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast