+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Reading away...

South Stand ST holders Non ST holder
    Adult 25-64 £20 £25
    Senior 65+ £13 £16
    Young Adult 18-24 £10 £13
    Under 18 £5 £8
    Under 13 £4 £7

Family Area ST holders Non ST holder
    Adult 25-64 £18 £23
    Senior 65+ £13 £16
    Young Adult 18-24 £10 £13
    Under 18 £5 £8
    Under 13 £2 £5

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Flour, this the same powder puff team that smashed us to pieces first half at ours and could have been 4 up before half time?

I cannot recall the last time we won at Reading and this will be OUR CUP FINAL, forget what Bruce said last Saturday!

Lose and we're down, win and it's all to play for. Cayton said he'd take a point I say we need to win at all costs.
    Don't know Brin. I don't watch Reading and maybe they've deteriorated.
    We need two wins from the next two to get some serious points on the board otherwise it's a Warnock type run against the best sides in the division which will be very unlikely

taken from football ground guide.

Car Parking

There is some limited parking available at the stadium itself for a cost of £10, but it can be a bit of lengthy process to get out of the car park at the end of the game. Richard Buckingham adds; 'You can also park on the site of the now demolished greyhound track, close to the stadium. From the M4 at Junction 11 take the A33 towards Reading town centre. Follow the dual carriageway past the stadium and McDonalds, KFC and Pizza Hut outlets, then look for the 'Alternative Parking' signs ahead. On the left you will reach a small slip road into the parking site (which incidentally is an official stadium car park). It has 500 spaces and costs £10 to park there. It is stewarded and has the advantage of a quick post-match exit either back to J11 or towards Reading. The car park is a 5-10 minute walk away from the ground.'

There are also a number of unofficial car parks in the area sited at local businesses. Bon Hale a visiting Sheffield United fan informs me; 'We parked in at a warehouse car park located on Acre Road at a cost of £5. Passing the Madejski on your left, follow the A33 for about half a mile, then turn back on yourself, passing Bennet Road on your left, and then take the next left into Acre Road. You will see sign "match parking", where there is a large warehouse on the left. It is gated with security. It is then only a short walk to the ground from here. We also spotted another matchday car park in Bennet Road but this cost £10.' There is also the option of renting a private driveway near the Madejski Stadium via YourParkingSpace.co.uk.

Mark Sugar informs me; 'Don't park in the nearby Business Park, unless there is an individual unit charging for matchday parking. You may find yourself with a parking ticket if you do'.

Park & Ride

Alternatively, there is a Park and Ride facility at Mereoak (post code RG7 1P near to Junction 11 of the M4, which has buses running to Reading town centre via the Madejski Stadium. From Junction 11 of the M4, take the A33 towards Basingstoke and the Park & Ride is signposted. Parking is free but the bus costs for a return ticket; Adults £3.50, Under 19's £1.70, or there is a group ticket available at £7 (for up to 4 people).

Post Code for SAT NAV: RG2 0FL

Cheers looks like acre road industrial units is best option. Nearest pub looks like the stonehouse.

Bunch of soft southern tory voting t@sers , stick it up em .

Fan zone in the warm 15 degrees sunshine

All supporters are invited to Madejski Stadium a little earlier on matchdays... the Royals Rendezvous has risen once again outside the East Stand!

As well as welcoming Reading supporters, visiting fans are also more than welcome to join us and mingle in a friendly atmosphere around the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Fan zone in the warm 15 degrees sunshine

All supporters are invited to Madejski Stadium a little earlier on matchdays... the Royals Rendezvous has risen once again outside the East Stand!

As well as welcoming Reading supporters, visiting fans are also more than welcome to join us and mingle in a friendly atmosphere around the ground.
    Even their nickname is irritating , Royals indeed !!!

Kin bounce em darn to league one .

I’m on about taking car Saturday too, just 2 of us and wondered if anyone else would like to share the petrol costs???

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Even their nickname is irritating , Royals indeed !!!

Kin bounce em darn to league one .
    Guess you don't like Real Madrid, Real Betis and Real Sociedad then.

Apart from (the obvious) Real translating to Royal, I'm not sure what you're trying to say here because amongst a myriad of nicknames for each of the Spanish clubs mentioned, they're known as The Whites, The Green & Whites and The Blue & Whites respectively.

I don't think Animal would find any of them names irritating???

After all, Reading are not actually called Royal Reading FC.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast