+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Reading away...

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Even their nickname is irritating , Royals indeed !!!

Kin bounce em darn to league one .
    Used to be the Biscuitmen back in the day when you could buy English biscuits.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    Apart from (the obvious) Real translating to Royal, I'm not sure what you're trying to say here because amongst a myriad of nicknames for each of the Spanish clubs mentioned, they're known as The Whites, The Green & Whites and The Blue & Whites respectively.

I don't think Animal would find any of them names irritating???

After all, Reading are not actually called Royal Reading FC.
    Actually Real Sociedad are called "The Royal" and they play in blue and white.

And they're all royal.

I'm thinking animal is a republican and that's why he doesn't like the nickname.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Actually biscuits is one of the few things we still make I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Nez View Post
    After watching our game v the Owls, I then watched the Blades game and they absolutely battered Reading. If both teams (Reading & us), play as they played on Saturday then we would win this one hands down, but teams never seem to play the same twice on the trot, do they? We know how good we can be but it's so frustrating when we sit back and try and soak up the pressure because as we all know, we can't keep a clean sheet. This is a must win game, for us AND them, because a draw is no good because of our inferior goal difference, plus the fact that we've got some bloody tough games coming up. Come on Millers, we can do this.
    As I said Nez, Reading really should have won at our place in December but again, they didn't and may rue that result. The week before that game we drew at swillsbrough and the day before that we had 3 players sent home with a virus.
    I have been convinced our squad has been under a cloud with this virus even though I haven't heard or seen anything to confirm that opinion. Since the Wednesday game away, our performances have been ,for me anyway, flat and lacking in energy, but the last 4 games or so have ,again for me, seen us get back to the no nonsense high pressing team we are good at, and as poor as Wednesday were last Saturday, that performance was how we were playing earlier in the season.
    I was so pleased to see Ryan Williams back and I hope he starts with him on Saturday, and also hope we at least set up to try and win the game and not to try not to lose it.

Yes Reading played very well that night and took us by surprise a bit.
    However after we equalised very late on Will V stabbed at a ball in the penalty area that should have been put away to steal all 3 points...it must have been around 93 / 94 mins

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Yes Reading played very well that night and took us by surprise a bit.
    However after we equalised very late on Will V stabbed at a ball in the penalty area that should have been put away to steal all 3 points...it must have been around 93 / 94 mins
    Now that would have been a steal in the vein of the Swansea game fb.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post

Yes Huntley and Palmers main factory was there ( might still be not sure)

Let’s hope they crumble on Saturday

They are now the Royals because Reading is in the Royal County of Berkshire

So they could have been called the Berks, but that wouldn’t have fitted in with the gentrification of football.
    Last edited by Grist_To_The_Mill; 19-02-2019 at 06:40 PM.

Around the 1980,s when Robert Maxwell of stealing pensions fame was Chairman of Oxford united he tried to merge them with Reading and call the new club the Thames Valley Royals.
    Fortunately he fell off the back of a boat or did he.......

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Around the 1980,s when Robert Maxwell of stealing pensions fame was Chairman of Oxford united he tried to merge them with Reading and call the new club the Thames Valley Royals.
    Fortunately he fell off the back of a boat or did he.......

Another dodgy Eastern European that took advantage of the U.K.

570 tickets sold for Saturday's game at Reading

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast