+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Red Card Incidents

Red Card Incidents

Just wondering what others thought about the red card incident today. I saw it as follows...

FIRST
    The foul on CMS was a clear red in my opinion. I think he got away with it purely because it was so early on and the ref bottled it.

SECOND
    Slide on Gomis. I didn't think it was a red. I'm not 100% sure it was a foul to be completely honest, but the players seemed pretty incensed by it.

THIRD
    Incident with Krystian Pearce. Looked pretty nasty to me as he stamped into the challenge - right in front of where we sit in the Pavis. I'm 50/50 on this one. Seen people sent off for similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Just wondering what others thought about the red card incident today. I saw it as follows...

FIRST
    The foul on CMS was a clear red in my opinion. I think he got away with it purely because it was so early on and the ref bottled it.

SECOND
    Slide on Gomis. I didn't think it was a red. I'm not 100% sure it was a foul to be completely honest, but the players seemed pretty incensed by it.

THIRD
    Incident with Krystian Pearce. Looked pretty nasty to me as he stamped into the challenge - right in front of where we sit in the Pavis. I'm 50/50 on this one. Seen people sent off for similar.
    I can only comment on the first as we were right in line. A definite red and you're right,the ref bottled it.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I can only comment on the first as we were right in line. A definite red and you're right,the ref bottled it.

All 3 a red.

First 100% red, the other 2 maybe on another day....MEH?

I'd like to see the Gomis one again as a couple of other people on different threads said it was two footed.

First one was a clear red, the other two were 50/50 - seen them given, but you’d feel hard done by if it was one of your players.

The ref bottled the first one, red card all day long. Not sure about the others, but we have picked up a very good knack of winning freee kicks from the 50/50s.

Strangely enough I think the first one was so early in the game that if Turner had been sent off - which he should have been - it would probably have worked against us.

As it was, against 11 men we were never going to lose today, so superior was our gameplan and midfield dominance to them...

Krystian Pearce always has a red in him so it wouldn't have surprised me.

The CMS one is the most blatant last man red card you'll ever see, had it happened 10 minutes later I woulda thought he would send him off but it looked all game like he was desperate to not make a big decision after his c0ck up in the Forest game, I did think he got all the small things right though.