+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Was Really Surprising....

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Agreed, I’d say we’re a goalkeeper and powerful target man away from being a very good side. But we also have to hope O’Brien and Doyle stay fit for the rest of the campaign because, as we’ve seen, we don’t have anyone who can replace them.
    I was saying before the game we really need a more experienced goalie, and unfortunately for him and Notts, Stead has lost a bit of his pace and aggression. How about Andy Carroll?

What was really surprising to me was how easily we saw out the last half hour. It's usually mental torture watching Notts defend a one goal lead at home, we invariably pull 10 men back and let the game be played around our penalty box. Yesterday we kept our shape, denied them the ball and made them resort to hopeful hoofs forward which we dealt with easily.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Totally outplayed the dirty cheating thuggish inbreds.
    I take it you have a Grudge against them Joe. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    What was really surprising to me was how easily we saw out the last half hour. It's usually mental torture watching Notts defend a one goal lead at home, we invariably pull 10 men back and let the game be played around our penalty box. Yesterday we kept our shape, denied them the ball and made them resort to hopeful hoofs forward which we dealt with easily.
    Yes, me too. It would be easy to say that they just rolled over and died. However, that would totally detract from the endeavour, discipline and energy of the Notts team. Had Hemmings got a touch on that cross near the end, the scoreline would have been closer to reflecting Notts' dominance and control.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Me too. I was preparing myself for a late onslaught and inevitable capitulation, but it just never came. We never allowed it to. When was the last time we looked comfortable hanging on to a 1-0 lead? Probably the Munto season under Cotterill.

I just thought Notts were great. So refreshing. Brilliant. Enzio or Snowflake Grant? No contest whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    Yes, me too. It would be easy to say that they just rolled over and died. However, that would totally detract from the endeavour, discipline and energy of the Notts team. Had Hemmings got a touch on that cross near the end, the scoreline would have been closer to reflecting Notts' dominance and control.
    Hemmings really should of scored that but in the end it didn't matter... the last play of the game was CMS darting half the length of the field to take the ball into the corner... the man is a psychical specimen, to have that kind of energy left after putting in an amazing shift all game is amazing.

Yeah!😁

Not seen football as good as that since the Hughes, Rogers days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12