+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Stags

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Oh bugger, whilst I was composing that Elite beat me to it. Well, I'm of up to Liverpool next weekend and staying so I might give it another go.
    Never mind that Navy, you haven't given CMS a mark !!

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    10 men, we beat them with ten men!

Thank you Navy my old mucker I have not been able to get to many games in the last 2 years so I really appreciate yourself and Elite for the ratings. Warms my cockles to the bone I am looking into going over for a game in March now... can't wait to take my seat at the lane once again

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have done it again and he was my MOTM .......9

If I get the chance I would try again against Birkenhead Rovers but will understand if this board sacks me.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Thank you Navy my old mucker I have not been able to get to many games in the last 2 years so I really appreciate yourself and Elite for the ratings. Warms my cockles to the bone I am looking into going over for a game in March now... can't wait to take my seat at the lane once again
    Good lad Irish. Can I ask you where you are from? My wifes family are from Cork and mine originate from Tyrone.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The temptation is to give top marks all round, but this is my best alcohol related attempt at being rational:

Schofield 6 – hard to rate him, because he had very little to do. One wayward kick, otherwise fine.
    Rose 8 – defended well and offered some good forward options.
    Barclay and Stubbs 8 - I'm rating them as one as they were hard to separate. Mature beyond their years, won almost everything and when they got changed I think they would find Walker and Hamilton in the back pocket of their shorts.
    Milsom 8 – our left seemed to be the focus of their attacks, but Milsom withstood everything they threw at him.
    Mackail-Smith 8.5* - We’ve been regularly linked with him in the past and I always hoped we would sign him, but when we eventually did, I thought it might be too late. How wrong was I? He caused them problems throughout, and supplied the superbly controlled finish for the decisive goal. A great addition to the squad.
    Doyle and O’Brien 8 – again I have to rate them as one because they offer the same - a calm head, a crunching tackle, and an always available option for the simple pass. Again, both of them are brilliant signings.
    Boldewijn 7 – not everything came off, but he genuinely scares defenders. The opposition tend to double mark him which should free up space for others.
    Gomis 7 – his willingness to run, chase and offer an outlet for a pass makes him a good forward option. Maybe needs to offer more goal threat, but looks another good addition.
    Stead 7 – didn’t give them an easy afternoon, came close with a header and did his job.

Allessandra 6 – did ok in his short spell.
    Hemmings 6 – missed a good chance but at least was in the right position. May still have a part to play.

A really, really enjoyable afternoon against them at last. Maybe they now know what it feels like when your team just don’t turn up, a feeling we are all too familiar with. Full marks to Neil Ardley who won the mental and tactical battle against Flitcroft hands down. The reality is that we are still 24th, but that can wait until tomorrow.
    Pleased be advised.This bloke as never attended a Notts match in his life.I would like to direct you to my match ratings.
    Last edited by navypie; 16-02-2019 at 09:47 PM.

But he gave marks to Danny Rose and somebody called Eddie, and we apparently had Philip Schofield playing in goal

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have done it again and he was my MOTM .......9

If I get the chance I would try again against Birkenhead Rovers but will understand if this board sacks me.
    If you do another 1 can we have it In English text please

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    If you do another 1 can we have it In English text please
    I will if you will.

Amazing to think that eight of that side weren’t playing for us a month ago - makes a bit of a mockery of the idea that teams need time to gel. Turns out that if you sign the right players, the rest will follow.

I think it was Big Sam who said football management is all about recruitment - in which case NA will be a great manager for us. Kudos, too, to Alan Hardy for backing him at such a crucial time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast