+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Stags

Player ratings v Stags

The temptation is to give top marks all round, but this is my best alcohol related attempt at being rational:

Schofield 6 – hard to rate him, because he had very little to do. One wayward kick, otherwise fine.
    Rose 8 – defended well and offered some good forward options.
    Barclay and Stubbs 8 - I'm rating them as one as they were hard to separate. Mature beyond their years, won almost everything and when they got changed I think they would find Walker and Hamilton in the back pocket of their shorts.
    Milsom 8 – our left seemed to be the focus of their attacks, but Milsom withstood everything they threw at him.
    Mackail-Smith 8.5* - We’ve been regularly linked with him in the past and I always hoped we would sign him, but when we eventually did, I thought it might be too late. How wrong was I? He caused them problems throughout, and supplied the superbly controlled finish for the decisive goal. A great addition to the squad.
    Doyle and O’Brien 8 – again I have to rate them as one because they offer the same - a calm head, a crunching tackle, and an always available option for the simple pass. Again, both of them are brilliant signings.
    Boldewijn 7 – not everything came off, but he genuinely scares defenders. The opposition tend to double mark him which should free up space for others.
    Gomis 7 – his willingness to run, chase and offer an outlet for a pass makes him a good forward option. Maybe needs to offer more goal threat, but looks another good addition.
    Stead 7 – didn’t give them an easy afternoon, came close with a header and did his job.

Allessandra 6 – did ok in his short spell.
    Hemmings 6 – missed a good chance but at least was in the right position. May still have a part to play.

A really, really enjoyable afternoon against them at last. Maybe they now know what it feels like when your team just don’t turn up, a feeling we are all too familiar with. Full marks to Neil Ardley who won the mental and tactical battle against Flitcroft hands down. The reality is that we are still 24th, but that can wait until tomorrow.

7's, 8's and 9's from the Post as well. They seem to have a new feature at the bottom of the page where you can input your own ratings.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...2551949#du_top

Can’t argue with those marks, Elite. It’s amazing what a difference it makes having defenders who can actually defend - who’d have thought it? Stubbs and Barclay won pretty much everything, Rose brings so much more energy to the right-hand side and Milsom has been a revelation at left back. The guy deserves a lot of praise for turning his season around after that wretched spell in midfield.

Great to think that if we win on Tuesday we will be out of the relegation zone - but there’s still a long way to go, and we need to hope that Doyle and O’Brien can stay fit. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Hemmings start on Tuesday in place of Gomis, but otherwise not sure how many changes we can afford to make.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Can’t argue with those marks, Elite. It’s amazing what a difference it makes having defenders who can actually defend - who’d have thought it? Stubbs and Barclay won pretty much everything, Rose brings so much more energy to the right-hand side and Milsom has been a revelation at left back. The guy deserves a lot of praise for turning his season around after that wretched spell in midfield.

Great to think that if we win on Tuesday we will be out of the relegation zone - but there’s still a long way to go, and we need to hope that Doyle and O’Brien can stay fit. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Hemmings start on Tuesday in place of Gomis, but otherwise not sure how many changes we can afford to make.
    Not many - and please don't think about bringing in Eliot Hewitt.

We love you Hewitt we do, we love you Hewitt we do...

Agree with Elite’s ratings, glad he’s done the hard work!

I would maybe mark Gomis down to a 6. Great pace, but not sure he’s got much of a goal threat.
    We’ve gone from a team letting in goals for fun to one where our keeper could have got the port and cigars out and he wouldn’t have been missed.
    Great stuff.

Match Ratings v Flitcrofts kicked off the park boys

Thought I would give it a go. I know Irish and Cheltenham pie ( my 2 favorite posters on here) appreciate them.

Philip. Well, you could have stuck me in goal today. Kicking dodgy .....6

Danny Rose . Why did Spurs play him at left back, the kid is clearly is right footed, brilliant.....8

Barks. Saw him against Colchester and wasn't that impressed. I am now......8

Stubbs. How the fcuk didn't another lower league club pick this lad up in the transfer window!....8.5

Milsom. Robert, why didn't you tell someone you're a good left back.....8

Doyle. I love him....8

Jimbo. I love him.....8

Enzio. Not his best game but never stopped running and gave everything to the cause. Would have gave him a 7 but will bump him up to an 8 after seeing his celebration at the end.

Stead . Typical Jon performace......8

Gomis. Pace to burn but no end product, Saying that, Forest wouldn't have loaned him to us if he could. looks a great kid and commited to the cause......7

Subs

Eddie. How did he missed that header? 6

Lewis. Busy.......6

That's the best I can do.
    Last edited by navypie; 16-02-2019 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Agree with Elite’s ratings, glad he’s done the hard work!

I would maybe mark Gomis down to a 6. Great pace, but not sure he’s got much of a goal threat.
    We’ve gone from a team letting in goals for fun to one where our keeper could have got the port and cigars out and he wouldn’t have been missed.
    Great stuff.
    I know what you mean about Gomis, but his pace and that of CMS unsettles defenders. He missed a couple of good chances last week, so hopefullly he’ll get off the mark this week. Doesn’t seem to have much of an understanding with Steady yet, but hopefully that will come.

Schofield 6. Nothing to do.

Rose 8.5. Had a great game, nothing got past him, got forwards well, creative and composed with loads of energy.

Milsom 7.5. Again, not much got past him and got forwards and supported when he could.

Barclay & Stubbs. 10 as apair, 8 each. Rock solid, do the D2 physical side with ease but with the pace and class of players from a higher level.

Boudwijn 7. Beat players, up for the fight, always an outlet.

O'Brien 8. Classy performance, used the ball well, broke play up and like the centre backs he and Doyle are a pair.

Doyle 7.5 Broke up play, covered the ground . The kind of unshowy performance that's better than it looks.

CMS. 10. Perfect ten. Scored a great goal but his chasing down, winning 40/60 balls, incisive passing and all round play was an absolute joy to behold. Best performance from a striker since the days of Hughesy for me , even if he was on the left. For a 36 year old with a steel pin in his leg in the dog days of his career that was an awesome performance and speaks volumes for the man. Fantastic!!

Stead 7. Benefited from having players around him who can share the burden and use the ball well rather than leaving him to forlornly compete for no hope lofted balls to nowhere.

Gomis 7.5 His pace and movement bothered Stags all day, they couldn't relax and build patiently from defence because he and the team collectively pressed them.

Subs
    Alless 6. Spurned his chance with a heavy touch but a good man to have on the bench.

Hemmings 6. Spurned his chance too, really should have headed us a second.

Ardley has done amazingly well in the window to recruit as well as he has. Not only that he's got us playing very well too. Pleased for him, pleased for Alan Hardy, the fans, everyone , great day.
    Just hope Newport isn't after the Lord mayors show.

Oh bugger, whilst I was composing that Elite beat me to it. Well, I'm of up to Liverpool next weekend and staying so I might give it another go.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Oh bugger, whilst I was composing that Elite beat me to it.
    No problem. I'm still on cloud nine so I'll happily bump your thread back to the top.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast