+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dane Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    New CEO ?

Barnsley Club Football Club can confirm the appointment of a new CEO.

We are delighted to announce that following an extensive recruitment process, Dane Murphy has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer at Barnsley Football Club. Mr Murphy will begin his role immediately, becoming the youngest ever American to hold the position within the United Kingdom, after being the youngest ever Technical Director in the MLS.

Murphy has a large and diverse amount of experience within football, as well as graduating from the University of Virginia. Having played professional football in the MLS in the United States, Murphy then furthered his career and experience by moving to German side VfL Osnabrück, developing knowledge of the German game and mindset whilst there.

Stopping his playing career to pursue his interests in the technical and administration side of the game, Murphy used his extensive knowledge and contacts to become Head Scout at New York Cosmos where he also finished his playing career. Following a number of years in New York, the progression continued to become Technical Director for Real Salt Lake in the MLS, with a further move to D.C. United in the same position. The role of Technical Director meant Murphy was expected to identify talented players both within and outside of the United States using the system available to him.

Dane Murphy

Following Dane’s appointment in the CEO position, he told barnsleyfc.co.uk that he was delighted to join such a progressive club.

He said: “I am delighted to be joining Barnsley Football Club. Few from America have the opportunity to work in English Football, let alone a storied club with a rich history of success. In my short time within the Barnsley community it is quite clear that nothing is given, and everything is earned. I have travelled enough of the world to recognise true passion and those that fight for what they have, which is evident in the culture of the Barnsley people. Through hard work and diligence, I hope to help give the Barnsley faithful everything they deserve and a team to be proud of. I am confident that the squad and coaching staff led by Daniel Stendel will bring joy to Oakwell this season and those beyond.

“As well as on the pitch, we will be looking to continue the good work off it. The club has a number of plans and ideas in place, with the fans at the forefront of this. I am thoroughly looking forward to meeting with our fanbase and seeing how we can work together to make Barnsley a club that everyone wants to be a part of.”

Co-Chairman Paul Conway explained the appointment to barnsleyfc.co.uk, stating that he was pleased to be able to fill the role after such an extensive and thorough process.

He said: “We are very pleased to welcome Dane to Barnsley Football Club. After a worldwide search it was apparent to the entire Board of Directors that Dane was the best qualified for the position. Dane has a dynamic background with extensive experience on the pitch and in the executive suite. His experience in the continent, especially Germany was very unique. Dane is committed to further improving our squad, academy and supporter's experience at Oakwell. We are very excited for the upcoming season in the Sky Bet Championship and once again want to thank our supporters for their unwavering support."

It musta been a long "worldwide search". We wo discussing his appointment mid February.

Another Yank darn at "the Well". Over Here, Over Here, Over Here. Lasses ellev to look art if they ev Yanks approaching 'em wi chocolate and new nylons at the Setdi GI Social. Glen Miller music as new entrance theme.

From the video we saw some weeks ago showing off his new Spreadsheet Software he has comedy/ bullsh1tting potential. As a "storied club" like wot we are I wish him well. I shall think of him as I tread the Grove St sidewalk heading for the rest room forra p1ss.
    His first task is to get these 10,000 ST Packages to us unwavering fans and not leave it to Friday 2nd August or matchday. Second task is to organise a stunning Fanzone where he can meet and greet befooar the Ful haam soccer game.

After deep and prolonged consideration I have decided that Animal's suggested nickname of "Spud" is the one for me, succint and with good potential.

Welcome Spud and I wish thi Good Bullsh1tting and Pillakin. Thazza a proud tradition of bullsh1tting and pillakin CEO's to follow.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 18-07-2019 at 07:31 AM.

“His experience in the continent, especially Germany “ the most telling part.

Spud sez "the roster is in good shape" be a focus on "roster management" pre-season will be one of his tasks. A knew this lad ed comedy potential . Go Spud ! (That's Yank encouragement, not me wanting him to leave. "Get in the Goal" )

Yorkshire Post

Spud is of course pure parody .

Spud was a one club man who also assisted Alan Clarke when he became manager .

Record number of appearances for us spanning two decades , loyalty personified .

I lived on the next street to Spud in the late 60's early 70's , he lived on Robert Avenue at Cundy Cross .

He played football with us young urchins and taught us a few things , got us signed autographs and programmes , nowt was too much trouble for Spud , Alan Hill lived two doors up from Spud and he went in goal , wonderful memories for us young kids .

A one club man who loved the club .

You couldn't meet a nicer bloke .

You couldn't get a more fitting parody for the new CEO .

Chalk and cheese the two "Spuds" az tha sez.

I'm guessing CEO Spud ez Irish American rooits. Will Hoss still be hanging abart ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Spud sez "the roster is in good shape" be a focus on "roster management" pre-season will be one of his tasks. A knew this lad ed comedy potential . Go Spud ! (That's Yank encouragement, not me wanting him to leave. "Get in the Goal" )

Yorkshire Post

Weren't a roster a roast spud in tarn speyk
    Well it was when I was a lad
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 18-07-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Weren't a roster a roast spud in tarn speyk
    Well it was when I was a lad
    It was indeed Ziles.

Meyt, Yorkshires and Rosters fo Sunday dinner.

Yanks carnt speyk reyt.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Spud is of course pure parody .

Spud was a one club man who also assisted Alan Clarke when he became manager .

Record number of appearances for us spanning two decades , loyalty personified .

I lived on the next street to Spud in the late 60's early 70's , he lived on Robert Avenue at Cundy Cross .

He played football with us young urchins and taught us a few things , got us signed autographs and programmes , nowt was too much trouble for Spud , Alan Hill lived two doors up from Spud and he went in goal , wonderful memories for us young kids .

A one club man who loved the club .

You couldn't meet a nicer bloke .

You couldn't get a more fitting parody for the new CEO .
    Still a big figure at Oakwell on Matchdays. Love to see him walking out with the sponsors. A legend from our young days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123