+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat Women

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The dunt mekkem like Bernard ennimooar.

He cud tella jooak that lad. Ed me in stitches.

Once went to his club at Manchester. The Embassy. Worst night ever. You had to sup in a round of 8. 8 seats round table. Ash trays were realy for kitty. Waiters doubled as bouncers. Me and me mate were putting endings to all his jokes. After he'd finished compare said "right we're going to have a disco. Management would ask you not to dance" you couldn't make it up. Me. Me mate and some others had a walk down road to a few pubs. Rough as hell. And I mean rough. Made lundwood look like Las Vegas. Worst night worst comedian ever In my book.

Quote Originally Posted by linzbfc View Post
    Overheard in Poundstretcher Barnsley yesterday...
    Woman 1 : Worrav a come inear fo?
    Woman 2 : Aaah dunt no
    Woman 1 : Aaah dunt eethu
    Headmaster
    Willowgarth High!! Grimey late 50's morning assembly

said he was behind some lasses int corridor thought we had some Chinese visitors
    lass 1 who washi wi
    lass 2 she wo wi a sen

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Them 70s comedians were class. Bernard Manning, George Roper, Charlie Williams, Jim Bowen, Ken Goodwin, Frank Carson and many more. They could also tell clean jokes on the 'Comedians' show and still make me pyss missen.
    Duggie Brown was my favourite......

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Remember when Bernard Manning came across as a really horrible obnoxious person, when sat next to Richard Wilson, on the Mrs Merton comedy chat show. I wonder to this day if he was deliberately being like that, or was he like that him all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Remember when Bernard Manning came across as a really horrible obnoxious person, when sat next to Richard Wilson, on the Mrs Merton comedy chat show. I wonder to this day if he was deliberately being like that, or was he like that him all the time.
    Mrs Merton took no nonsense from anyone. Bernard Manning was from a different era. Comedy moves on, it has to reflect society as it is and mock current attitudes. Also BM was at the end of his career by then so had probably lost any humility he might have started out with.

Quote Originally Posted by linzbfc View Post
    Mrs Merton took no nonsense from anyone. Bernard Manning was from a different era. Comedy moves on, it has to reflect society as it is and mock current attitudes. Also BM was at the end of his career by then so had probably lost any humility he might have started out with.
    Do you remember the show Linz, its easily available on youtoob btw. He was continually bitchy with Wilson, and he started getting offensive and personal about the guests in the crowd etc.
    I know his stand up material and the way he did and said things on stage, but I hope he wasn't like that all the time away from the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Yeah Jules i like him too. He wo in 'the price of coal ' too.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    He enjoyed tekkin the p1ss arta the PC mob.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    He enjoyed tekkin the p1ss arta the PC mob.
    I know he did Sb and I liked that about him, and I'll admit he made me laugh regularly when to took the mick out of anybody and everybody. But his attitude that night wasn't pleasant and he played the arrogant obnoxious big 'I am' etc.

Same wi Jim Davidson on that Hells Kitchen. He spoke his mind abart homo***uality and the PC brigade jumped on his back and the lad who took umbrage started ruering acting way over the top. Pathetic.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast