+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat Women

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    That was his appeal. It's what his audience wanted and expected. Those who were offended didn't go, those who enjoyed it went.

Tha can't impose personal tastes on ivverybody else.
    So what of the lady serving the food
    Can you,hand on heart, say that it was fair game to pick on a member of the staff who would have no idea how to respond to such an experienced arsehole's insults
    It was cowardly It is one of the best examples of having power & misusing it
    Have you ever met Manning btw?

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    For arguments sake let me point art the original post started by Roma titled 'Fat women' abart a lady in the disabled stand Apple tarting and blocking folks view is oreight then

Am a bit confused Roma. A think both thee and Manning are arta order
    It wa my mate it bothered , il not be goowin in theer ageeun he ses ,
    iffam arta order al ev to live weeit

You never saw or heard Ken Dodd or Tommy Cooper behave that way , reason being they were far better , and didn't need to abuse anyone to be funny ,

[QUOTE=SBRed48;39150867]That was his appeal. It's what his audience wanted and expected. Those who were offended didn't go, those who enjoyed it went.

Roma went but didn't enjoy it

I blame Ardsley House/BFC fo booking him. They and the audience knew exactly worri wo like and I bet the place wo rocking. Ardsley House edda duty of care (am sarnding like the much missed Kerr here ) to the elderly waitress and shudda warned her to expect sum strong p1ss taking and given her the chance to work behind the scenes if she wanted. It was part of Manning's act to tek the p1ss arta people walking past the stage.
    It's like going to a Frankie Boyle do nardays and expecting Bible readings.
    I blame BFC for booking Ardsley House in the first place
    BTW Roma when did this take place?

Not sure if it was the season we got promoted to the Premiership, or maybe the season before ? It was a mixed gathering that night , Wife's , Girlfriends , Partners , A black tie evening , others in attendance were the Mayor and Local dignitaries , although we were aware of BM and his behaviour , I think most agreed he should have toned it down , singling out the Waitress was awful , and it wasn't just once , it was every time she appeared , just doing her job , inside she must have been very upset , It spoilt the night for me and my wife and my friends and their partners , perhaps he was unable to change his routine ? Perhaps he was the wrong choice ?

It's a contentious issue , let's be clear BFC booked BM knowing full well his style of comedy and his reputation and so did the guests who attended and paid money to attend the evening .

No point in telling BM to tone it down because it's the only thing he has , you would be telling Tommy Cooper he couldn't perform magic tricks in his routine in effect .

BM was indeed a microphone bully , picking on minority groups , racism , homophobia you name it he used it but everyone knew that .

Posters outside his Embassy Club in Manchester told you to keep away if you were easily offended , what more can you do ?

The waitresses are a different matter , they are working , earning a living , totally off limits for anybody with even half a brain and they deserved respect .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 18-02-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    It wa my mate it bothered , il not be goowin in theer ageeun he ses ,
    iffam arta order al ev to live weeit

Just laikin devils advocate mi owd, no offence

When a lived in Warrington in the early / mid 70's a went to the Embassy three or four times. Luvved it. Tha knew if tha stood up to go to toilet tha wo a sitting duck fo his p1ss tekkin.

Aar dunt know if this lass wo upset or not at him saying she wunt gerra shag toneet but if she wo upset the Ardsley House management shudda kept her back in kitchen and / or edda word wi Bernard rather than keep sending her art if she wo upset each time. Guests shudda looked at ticket and thought "am not gooin if he is the turn". The knew worri wo like. I wonder if there wo total silence and tumbleweed blowing across the stage after he cracked his shag jooak ? A doubt it.

Willevvto agree to disagree.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 18-02-2019 at 12:26 PM.

When a lived in Warrington in the early / mid 70's a went to the Embassy three or four times. Luvved it. Tha knew if tha stood up to go to toilet tha wo a sitting duck fo his p1ss tekkin.

Aar dunt know if this lass wo upset or not at him saying she wunt gerra shag toneet but if she wo upset the Ardsley House management shudda kept her back in kitchen and / or edda word wi Bernard rather than keep sending her art if she wo upset each time. Guests shudda looked at ticket and thought "am not gooin if he is the turn". The knew worri wo like. I wonder if there wo total silence and tumbleweed blowing across the stage after he cracked his shag jooak ? A doubt it.

Willevvto agree to disagree.
    Audience and waitressing are two different things in my opinion .

They are entitled to duty and care and not fair game to be ridiculed , humiliated and have their weight or looks used for cheap laughs .

If my partner had experienced that and came home upset from her place of work they'd be serious consequences and rightly so .

Waitresses working a BM gig are entitled to the same level of respect at work .

No grey area here because it's Bernard Manning , it's wrong .

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast