+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat Women

Ok, but what about the people who go to these comedians shows, and they end up complaining about something they've said or done.
    Frankie Boyle or Jimmy Carr for example, surely its blatantly obvious isnt it what their style of comedy is, so why do people still go and see them in the first place, if they're 'easily offendable' ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 17-02-2019 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Roma I couldn't agree more
    When he was on the mike he was a bully
    Good to hear Exile , I'm all for a bit of fun , this fella took it too far , picking on people regardless of age / ***/ ability / disorder , poor behaviour , he's one I'm glad I won't ever have to see again .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Good to hear Exile , I'm all for a bit of fun , this fella took it too far , picking on people regardless of age / ***/ ability / disorder , poor behaviour , he's one I'm glad I won't ever have to see again .

For arguments sake let me point art the original post started by Roma titled 'Fat women' abart a lady in the disabled stand Apple tarting and blocking folks view is oreight then

Am a bit confused Roma. A think both thee and Manning are arta order

Was anyone at Japanese whispers the night he walked off because he couldn't handle the heckling??

Aar used to luv him missen. Allus med mi laugh.

The PC lot get confused. The go to these Islington Comedy Clubs to watch these right on "cutting edge" comedians who are worshipped fo swearing and telling the same kind of jooaks. Even Saint Julie Walters took the p1ss arta elderly waitresses wi Mrs Overall.

We all ev different tastes and senses of humour.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Aar used to luv him missen. Allus med mi laugh.

The PC lot get confused. The go to these Islington Comedy Clubs to watch these right on "cutting edge" comedians who are worshipped fo swearing and telling the same kind of jooaks. Even Saint Julie Walters took the p1ss arta elderly waitresses wi Mrs Overall.

We all ev different tastes and senses of humour.

The difference SB is that Julie Walters was using a characature of a fictitious person where Roma's example was Manning taking the pyss out of someone actually there He had the microphone & used it like the ignorant bully that he was How would it sit with you had the woman been your mum or missus?
    It would have been great if the woman's son was in the audience & just feckin decked him. See if he thought that was funny I would have thought it was hillarious
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 18-02-2019 at 09:15 AM.

I blame Ardsley House/BFC fo booking him. They and the audience knew exactly worri wo like and I bet the place wo rocking. Ardsley House edda duty of care (am sarnding like the much missed Kerr here ) to the elderly waitress and shudda warned her to expect sum strong p1ss taking and given her the chance to work behind the scenes if she wanted. It was part of Manning's act to tek the p1ss arta people walking past the stage.
    It's like going to a Frankie Boyle do nardays and expecting Bible readings.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 18-02-2019 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I blame Ardsley House/BFC fo booking him. They and the audience knew exactly worri wo like and I bet the place wo rocking. Ardsley House edda duty of care (am sarnding like the much missed Kerr here ) to the elderly waitress and shudda warned her to expect sum strong p1ss taking and given her the chance to work behind the scenes if she wanted. It was part of Manning's act to tek the p1ss arta people walking past the stage.
    It's like going to a Frankie Boyle do nardays and expecting Bible readings.
    SB you've made some sterling efforts over the years to try to defend the indefensible but this isn't one of them in my opinion

There's bad taste, feckin bad taste, really sh1t bad taste then there was Manning
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 18-02-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    SB you've made some sterling efforts over the years to try to defend the indefensible but this isn't one of them in my opinion

There's bad taste, feckin bad taste, really sh1t bad taste then there was Manning
    That was his appeal. It's what his audience wanted and expected. Those who were offended didn't go, those who enjoyed it went.

Tha can't impose personal tastes on ivverybody else.

I think we live in an age where people are P.C. However, it really offends me when someone who isn't even an acquaintance but knows me feels the urge to point out, "bye you've put some timber on". I want to turn round and say,"who the hell do you think you are".

There aren't any do gooders putting an arm round me. I've got to get on with it. Man up, so to speak.

The same goes for Bernard Manning jokes. If you like that sought of thing buy a ticket. If you don't, don't. It does exactly what it says on the tin.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast