+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If we stay up, will we go up next season?

If we stay up, will we go up next season?

With the momentum that we will have as well as Ardley having a summer to recruit his own players, surely we will be one of the favorites to go up next year, if he pulls this off. I think this could be a great time as a County supporter from where we have come from, exciting times.

He did it at Wimbledon

Quote Originally Posted by jscarr View Post
    With the momentum that we will have as well as Ardley having a summer to recruit his own players, surely we will be one of the favorites to go up next year, if he pulls this off. I think this could be a great time as a County supporter from where we have come from, exciting times.
    I'd rather concentrate on finishing 22nd or above this season before thinking about next season.

Some folk need to get a grip.

When we won 3 in a row earlier this season folk starting taking about making the playoffs....look how that turned out.

Let’s not get too carried away Guys.

When we’re safe, then next season’s prospects can be properly assessed.

(From father Ted)

Steady on now

If we stay up, we will go up next year I hope Hardy will buy into his vision as we conquer this division.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'd rather concentrate on finishing 22nd or above this season before thinking about next season.
    Yes, I've got zero appetite for this type of talk after the experience of this season so far. Given that most were predicting top three in August not 24th, I'd rather not read about promotion til say January, if we survive.

Mentioned this on another post Yesterdaay.It does seem to happen.One season a team really struggles,the next,high flying.Swansea,Plymouth,Wimbledon & Bournemouth I think spring to mind.
    The difference in winning 3 games earlier in the season was not against top 6 sides,& this time we were in a rut well & truly.

Definitely getting ahead of ourselves with this thread, but the OP has a point. I mean, if we had started the season with this squad and manager, in this form, surely we'd be one of the best teams in the division?

If we do stay up, a lot will depend on the summer again (as always), and that will be dictated by who owns the club. We need to keep hold of players like Enzio and Hemmings, not sell them off at the first opportunity. Then build from there.

First things first though. Survival is everything right now, so let's get the job done.

Let’s continue the promotion form of the last three games for the next 14, then review things.

We are in great form and look like a proper team at last, but let’s not forget how quickly things can turn against you with injuries and suspensions to key players. We’ve played brilliantly against top 5 sides in these 3 games, now we face a new challenge, starting with Newport. Let’s get out of the drop zone on Tuesday and then put some distance between us and the bottom two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast