+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our home form.

Our home form.

Are we (our regular home supporters) responsible for our home results ?
    Why does our team produce better results away from the Shrine ?
    Clearly, myself, “she who must be obeyed” and our regular home supporters, are not providing the necessary fillip to give the extra edge to our team’s performance.
    The longer it goes on....the worse it becomes and the stress increases.
    Is there anything we can do ? Are our expectations contributing to the team’s home demise ?
    How do we contribute to ensure our beloved team become a home fortress ?

We could all chip in to enrol DM on an open University course to improve his intelligence.

Joking aside, I think teams are coming to us and shutting up scared of the batterings given to the likes of Leeds and qpr.

Add to that we have lost HB and MP and a big part of that attack has been missing and the stupid individual errors and we are now drawing games we were winning comfortably before.

I don't believe the supporters are responsible for the bad home results and can do anymore than they have been doing.

Understand BB buddy, but I somehow feel we have contributed !
    We consider ourselves to be baggies through and through...but somehow our team seem nervous and not at their best when in front of the home loyals ? Are the home fans overly demanding ?
    Tough to understand ... do our away supporters generate a better (warmer) atmosphere ?
    Odd isn’t it ?

Bomber Brown on Radio WM made a very good point after today’s match.

He watches all of our matches and pointed out that away from home we play a more direct style that suits us better.

I’ve not watched enough to pass comment on this but B.B. will know if this is true?

I think the feeling is that it’s the fact that fans demand “football” to be played at home so Moore feels more pressured to play “the Albion way” and thus this extra pressure passes onto the team to deal with.

If this is the case would the average home fan stomach a less pleasing style of football to secure promotion if it brought away form to B71?

I tend to agree with mickd on this. I've noticed that at home we try to play out from the back far more than away from home and have consequently conceded silly goals. At Villa Park yesterday, Johnstone hardly played a short pass and kicked it long. This tactic doesn't stop us playing football and in my opinion would deter sides from playing a high line against which often result in us conceding. Our home form is 'killing us' at present and basically is stopping us from topping the division.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)