+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warne - We didnt take our chances

Warne - We didnt take our chances

The disappointment of the result was gaffer Paul Warne's subject in today's post match interview.
    - External Link

You can say that again

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    You can say that again
    The chances we didn't take?

Do those include not paying Kieffer Moore enough money to stay?

Or failing to sign players in the transfer window?

Both open goal misses

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The chances we didn't take?

Do those include not paying Kieffer Moore enough money to stay?

Or failing to sign players in the transfer window?

Both open goal misses
    The Towell one when he could have hit it in with his knob wasn't good!

The problem is the missed chances are not just because of an "off-day" on the converting chances front. It's fairly standard for us.
    I go to every game expecting us to miss at least one sitter and gift the opposition at least one goal through rank bad defending.

I thought that our overall play, effort etc. was excellent yesterday but I'm left thinking that all the hard work that went into the performance has been wasted due to squandering chances and comedy defending.

My Blades fan mate tells me that Reading were dire yesterday. I hope that they are the same on Saturday and that we play as well as we did yesterday. Will that be enough though? Will our chance conversion rate improve? Who knows?

On the other hand the goals we did score were taken very well indeed. More of that please lads.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    The problem is the missed chances are not just because of an "off-day" on the converting chances front. It's fairly standard for us.
    Other than the Preston game at the NYS (which we luckily managed to win) and the Man City game (where the Sky Blues should have scored double figures and we hardly had a shot at goal - thanks a lot Warney ! ), I can't recall any game this season where the opposition have missed more easy chances than us. The problem should have been addressed well before transfer deadline day, and sadly it may not be addressed at all now this season

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Other than the Preston game at the NYS (which we luckily managed to win) and the Man City game (where the Sky Blues should have scored double figures and we hardly had a shot at goal - thanks a lot Warney ! ), I can't recall any game this season where the opposition have missed more easy chances than us. The problem should have been addressed well before transfer deadline day, and sadly it may not be addressed at all now this season

We’ve now played 33 games and scored 33 goals, which makes the goals per game calculation easy.

The match stats show that on average we have 14 shots per game.

So a conversion rate of 1 in 14

Which explains our league position

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    We’ve now played 33 games and scored 33 goals, which makes the goals per game calculation easy.

The match stats show that on average we have 14 shots per game.

So a conversion rate of 1 in 14

Which explains our league position
    Warney said on Radio DeeDah last week that he is not a "Stats Man" -so hes' unlikely to take much of that

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Warney said on Radio DeeDah last week that he is not a "Stats Man" -so hes' unlikely to take much of that
    We could recruit a good human being to help Warney understand the stats

1 in 14 sort of reflects it Grist. I assume warney does shooting practise but even if he does he needs to do more. Maybe Vaulks should take control of shooting practise sessions. The blasts over the bar are particularly disappointing. Its schoolboy stuff aint it? Keep your head over the ball and don't lean back.

I love Smithy to bits he totally dominated the oppositions centre backs as usual yesterday with no protection fron the refs as usual but he has to do better with headers. In training, Warney has to have us pumping in balls to him until he gets sick of heading it into the net.

Williams. His shooting is a abysmal even when though he often gets himself into good positions to shoot. Its either high and wide or too weak. Pass the ball into the net Ryan if you can't hit it hard! It's criminal that Williams, with the talent he has, hasn't scored all season.

Maybe Warne shouldn't let any player go home from training this week unless they have a scoring rate of at least 1 in 2.

The shoot in before a game starts should be monitored as well and he should bollack players who are not scoring at least 1 in 2.

We also need to get more from Vaulks long throws. Not saying we shouldn't use this as a weapon but we need to maybe play it in a different way . Maybe throw it out to someone on the edge of the box or shorter. There must be some variations. Aiming for Robertsons head every time gets a bit predictable. Why not have a slightly different tactic for every throw.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 17-02-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast