+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milsom

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Just a few short weeks ago against Cambridge Millsom put one of the worst performances by a a midfielder I’ve ever seen. A total pansy who couldn’t tackle, run or pass it forward.

He literally looks like a different player now,, a marauding powerhouse who could be a lower league Stuart Pearce. Nothing short of revelatory.
    Absolutely Milsom has been a revelation in the left back role . Did I imagine it or was it not said in an interview that left back was where Milsom used to play growing up? So maybe he has s been put back into his natural position?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Absolutely Milsom has been a revelation in the left back role . Did I imagine it or was it not said in an interview that left back was where Milsom used to play growing up? So maybe he has s been put back into his natural position?
    Yes, started there at Fulham.

Anyway good for Milly, the guy must've felt like necking himself in the first half of the season.

Dare I say that I have been saying since the start of this season that Milsom should play at LB but no-one would listen - I feel quite smug

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    How come Norm didn't mention it to Kewell or Nolan? Or maybe he did.
    Because we weren't actively looking for a left back solution when they thought Jones and Evina were good enough. Nolan got rid of Milsom too so Crossley suggesting he play him at full back would have been a bit odd.

It didn't take Ardley long to work out that those two weren't good enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12