+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Pinnock penalty

Aarz 95% a pen

Theirz 45%

Thu worra pooast on BBS abart their sending off that med mi laugh. A carnt do these eer "links" burrit wo along the lines of---

"Adam, Mr Ainsworth is on the phone saying you have been naughty. He wants me or your Dad to go in to see him Monday morning. What have you been doing ?"
    "Nothing"
    "Adam, tell your Mum the truth".
    " It worrim. He was mean to my friend after the boy had bullied my best friend. So I pulled his hair".
    "That was very naughty Adam. Did the playground supervisor do anything ?
    "He sent me in the classroom for the rest of playtime".

(Donny looazin 0-2. Iffit dunt change aar game will be on.)

I know strictly speaking by the letter of the law it's a sending off but really, with all the things that's wrong with the game today, was it that bad?
    They can dive & cheat, and roll around feigning injury and they do nothing.
    But, raise your hands, pull hair, sarcastically applaud the ref, or take your shirt off and they're onto you.
    It's not the action of a grown man, but most players these days never act like grown men.
    I used to play against Fleetwood Dockers, and Kirkham Prison. I dread to think what would've happened if I'd pulled a stunt like that.
    Sending off & penalties are given every other game these days, it adds to the drama.
    They'll be wearing lycra kits next. Well maybe not, shirt sales would drop dramatically.
    Stamp out the diving, the cheating, the time wasting & play acting.

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    Both pens soft. Theres wa fluffier than ours.
    Said at the time, straight away that ours was soft. Theirs I couldn’t see clearly, but tv suggests that they bathe collided waist height, and the fella was going to drowned very easily.

Im biased here but I think ours was a bit more genuine than theirs, but the game itself should have been done and dusted long before then.

For me, theirs was not a penalty- Pinnock was just too strong for him. I don’t get people saying ours was soft - Bähre moves the ball & is clattered! Clear as day

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    I know strictly speaking by the letter of the law it's a sending off but really, with all the things that's wrong with the game today, was it that bad?
    They can dive & cheat, and roll around feigning injury and they do nothing.
    But, raise your hands, pull hair, sarcastically applaud the ref, or take your shirt off and they're onto you.
    It's not the action of a grown man, but most players these days never act like grown men.
    I used to play against Fleetwood Dockers, and Kirkham Prison. I dread to think what would've happened if I'd pulled a stunt like that.
    Sending off & penalties are given every other game these days, it adds to the drama.
    They'll be wearing lycra kits next. Well maybe not, shirt sales would drop dramatically.
    Stamp out the diving, the cheating, the time wasting & play acting.

Agreed. It's bin bugging me for years ez this diving and cheating malarkey

If you slow motion the Pinnock penalty, if you deem it a foul then it is a free kick outside the area and not a penalty. The coming together is on the edge of the box. I’m firmly in the no penalty or free kick camp!
    Surely if the lines person was up to play then they would call it or have input. In this league they are not up to speed or have Tourette’s and erratically lift their flag.
    I thought referee did nothing until last 10 minutes where he woke up. I think he was on a bet of penalty, how many yellows and a red in added time. Odds must be massive!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelle07 View Post
    If you slow motion the Pinnock penalty, if you deem it a foul then it is a free kick outside the area and not a penalty. The coming together is on the edge of the box. I’m firmly in the no penalty or free kick camp!
    Surely if the lines person was up to play then they would call it or have input. In this league they are not up to speed or have Tourette’s and erratically lift their flag.
    I thought referee did nothing until last 10 minutes where he woke up. I think he was on a bet of penalty, how many yellows and a red in added time. Odds must be massive!
    I thought he was as bent as a nine bob note.

At one point he was ruining around with his yellow card in his hand just waiting to use it again. Seemed weird as I've not witnessed that before from a ref, they usually put it in their pocket after flashing it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast