+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Bristol City v Wolves FA Cup 5th Round Matchday Thread

Bristol City v Wolves FA Cup 5th Round Matchday Thread

Match Preview Click Here

Bristol City are on a very good run at the moment, nine wins on the bounce. I think this will be a close game. There's also no replays in the fifth round so this will be played to a finish. Kick off is 1pm for those that don't already know and it's live on BT Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post

Match Preview Click Here

Bristol City are on a very good run at the moment, nine wins on the bounce. I think this will be a close game. There's also no replays in the fifth round so this will be played to a finish. Kick off is 1pm for those that don't already know and it's live on BT Sports.
    Can see this being a tight tense game, the crowd will be fired up after last season and Johnson’s comments in the press this week.

Job done. It was all about getting into the next round and depending on the draw on Monday, Wembley is in sight.
    I thought Bristol City gave us too much respect in the first half and their fans must have been disappointed with the performance. We played some good football and really should have gone in more than one goal up. There was quite a gulf in class with our passing and movement.

However, several times this season, we have failed to reproduce two half's of football that were good. Having said that our defending in the second half was good, and the back three and Ruddy deserve great credit. They formed a solid wall and frustrated the Bristol attack. They threw everything at us in the final 50 minutes but we held firm. They would certainly give some of the lower half Premier League teams problems.

They came into the game full of confidence , on a great winning run, and possibly still smarting from last season. That said, our victory was even more sweet.

I thought that Traore should have come on earlier, and his pace on the counter could have caused them problems. Moutinho, once again was superb, as was Doherty and Dendoncker. The Doc seemed to limp off so let us hope him and Jota are ok for Bournmouth next week.

have to give the home side credit, especially for their second half performance. The first half though, i thought Wolves played some good football. The move for Cavaleiro's goal was a decent one with Doherty involved.
    I wasn't surprised to see Bristol City make a couple of subs for the start of the second half, Jonny Otto at times was up against it. Fair play to Ruddy for the tip over the bar to keep the score at 1-1. Despite a below par second half where we defended well, i still think on the break we looked a threat. It's just a pity we couldn't put away another chance, the Moutinho one was saved well by Fielding and Gibbs-White one where the keeper narrowed down his angles.

The record books will show a 1-0 Wolves victory. Bristol City play good football and who knows the sides may well meet again next season in the premier league as they are on a very good run at the moment in the league.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)