+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An observation

An observation

In the last three games we have played, we have picked up 7 points of of the 9 available. After each of these games against teams in the running for automatic promotion, each team's fans have said they've had an off day. What are the chances of these teams each having an off day playing against us? I'd say it's highly unlikely. I think it's more to do with us stopping them playing how they usually play and we're making them look and play poorly?

There is probably a little truth in the “off day” in that we all know playing the bottom side is never the same motivation as playing a side near the top.

That said, it is the minor element in that equation.

We have a team that battles and works it’s nuts off with pace, power and athleticism in all areas, that makes life difficult for the opposition.

We now have a dominant midfield which controls the game and stops the other team from functioning. So they have an off day but only because we don't allow them to have an on day.

It's similar to Warnocks team at Notts.Thomas, Turner in Midfield,,Bartlett pace up front,Yates ,Short at the back.Spine of the team

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    We now have a dominant midfield which controls the game and stops the other team from functioning. So they have an off day but only because we don't allow them to have an on day.
    You've written exactly what I was trying to point out a lot better than I have, thanks for that 👍 that what I was trying to get at, it's not that the opposition just didn't turn up, we don't allow them to

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    You've written exactly what I was trying to point out a lot better than I have, thanks for that �� that what I was trying to get at, it's not that the opposition just didn't turn up, we don't allow them to
    Reference now to the latter of ardleys interview.
    Newport is even bigger than Saturday’s game.
    These are the games now that your expected to win..
    I don’t think unless there’s any injuries we need to alter the team.
    I know he said maybe a few changes but you don’t change a winning side.
    Rest players ......?????
    We need to survive our arses in this league and I’m sure ther won’t be any “ yes gaffer I’ll have a rest from this team now”
    That’s my take anyhows

The pressure is ON.Due to the fact we can move out of the bottom two with a win

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    It's similar to Warnocks team at Notts.Thomas, Turner in Midfield,,Bartlett pace up front,Yates ,Short at the back.Spine of the team
    Spot on. I will go out on a limb and say we are now one of the better teams in this league. It's nothing to do with these teams having a off day, more like they met their match. Special mention to the 2 young lads at the back, a lot of their work goes unnoticed.

Not to take anything away from you, you thoroughly outplayed us, but we definitely had an off day. It was our worst performance for a long time. I think it's a bit of both. You've improved lots, but Lincoln and Forest Green have both been in poor relative form too if you look at Their other results.

Quote Originally Posted by tactition View Post
    Spot on. I will go out on a limb and say we are now one of the better teams in this league. It's nothing to do with these teams having a off day, more like they met their match. Special mention to the 2 young lads at the back, a lot of their work goes unnoticed.
    When we won three on the spin in September, I wasn’t convinced by the performances and didn’t think we’d turned a corner. By contrast, the last three have been totally convincing. However, we’re still 24th and have a lot more hard work ahead of us this season. Defence and midfield are 100% better now, but there are still question marks over the keeper and forwards. Also, the last three games have been free hits in that we weren’t expected to win. That changes on Tuesday night. I’m sure we’re up for the challenge, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast