+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City

Cardiff City

I don't really understand what is going on with Cardiff City and the transfer fee for Sala. If a contract was signed and a fee agreed then they should pay up, if no contract was signed then they don't owe Nantes anything. At first Cardiff said they would do 'the honourable thing' which I presume means pay the fee now it appears they are saying that the fee was inflated by the agent (surprise,surprise) who said there were other clubs bidding for the player. After such a tragedy things seem to be getting very silly.

What can you expect from a club who employs Colin W@nker..Speaks volumes..

Warnock keeps repeating Sala was my player but Cardiff are not stumping up. Planning to welch on the deal?

Talk about losing 15 million quid in the EPL greed culture and dignity and respect go out through the window.

Cardiff have already welched on the first payment which was due a couple of weeks ago, Nantes emailed them asking where the due payment was and our media were all over it as an example of typical nasty French behaviour, showing huge disrespect, as the player was still missing. It seemed to me at the time that it was Cardiff who were out of order not Nantes, they shouldn't have had to ask why Cardiff hadn't made that payment. Nantes were right to be worried about when Cardiff were going to cough up, it's now clear they have no intention of paying what they owe. It's Cardiff showing the disrespect, the poor lad died while their player and now they won't pay what they owe for him. It's shameful and disgusting imo, and they are apparently asking other PL clubs to help them get out of paying, if they ask us for support I would hope we tell to pay up what they owe and show some respect.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Cardiff have already welched on the first payment which was due a couple of weeks ago, Nantes emailed them asking where the due payment was and our media were all over it as an example of typical nasty French behaviour, showing huge disrespect, as the player was still missing. It seemed to me at the time that it was Cardiff who were out of order not Nantes, they shouldn't have had to ask why Cardiff hadn't made that payment. Nantes were right to be worried about when Cardiff were going to cough up, it's now clear they have no intention of paying what they owe. It's Cardiff showing the disrespect, the poor lad died while their player and now they won't pay what they owe for him. It's shameful and disgusting imo, and they are apparently asking other PL clubs to help them get out of paying, if they ask us for support I would hope we tell to pay up what they owe and show some respect.
    Sorry for not making my position clear enough sinkov, but an EPL outfit overtly displaying the greed culture of the English Premier League and demonstrating a culpable lack of dignity and respect towards Nantes is hardly a surprise, is it?

Surely you insure your assets, be it human or material, Sala should have been insured by Cardiff City at the same time as the papers were signed for his services, Cardiff City are out of order, yes Sala has died but life goes on regardless and Nantes want and should receive their money.

I seem to remember a while back Cardiff used the Welsh FA to get out of something (I cannot remember specifically what) to do with one of their players being banned I found that out of order at the time, and now this, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Sorry for not making my position clear enough sinkov, but an EPL outfit overtly displaying the greed culture of the English Premier League and demonstrating a culpable lack of dignity and respect towards Nantes is hardly a surprise, is it?
    No, you were clear enough BT, my post wasn't a response to yours, it was just my view of the situation, which is that Cardiff are a disgrace to the game, and in a game that's morally bankrupt anyway, that's saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Surely you insure your assets, be it human or material, Sala should have been insured by Cardiff City at the same time as the papers were signed for his services, Cardiff City are out of order, yes Sala has died but life goes on regardless and Nantes want and should receive their money.

I seem to remember a while back Cardiff used the Welsh FA to get out of something (I cannot remember specifically what) to do with one of their players being banned I found that out of order at the time, and now this, they should be ashamed of themselves.
    Was that the time they had, I think, Darren Purse sent off at Turf Moor and Andy Cole chased him up the tunnel Alto ? They were due to play in a Cup Final or something and because the suspension was under the jurisdiction of the Welsh FA, they delayed the hearing so that he could play, something like that anyway.

Correct Sinkov, I remember it now, you have a better memory than me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)