+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Good Luck Rovers

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    And Joe McBride bribed the groundsman at Hillsboro
    We used to wind up our Wendy workmates by telling them that a new pub in S6 "The squealing pig" would have a "dive and divot" bar.
    "what a diabolical foul on Towner - nearly ripped his kneecaps off. How did your bloke stay on the pitch?" was met with a mournful "What made it worse was that Towner looked up at us, as he was lying on the grass. We were baying for blood......... and the ******* winked!"
    classic

Surely it’s a simple choice?

Local honest Yorkshire team playing in the lower leagues or a Premiership team full of overpaid diving, cheating, show ponies

Hmmm....that’s a hard one

Donny fighting amongst themselves, it’s was probably over us 😂

Talking of fighting, remember recently the headlines “Millwall fans at it again” when there was fighting between Millwall and Everton fans?

A few days later there was fighting between Everton fans and Watford fans, but no comments about “Everton fans at it again”

And last week fighting at Haydock races.

Is there a common factor here?

You certainly have a point about the inconsistent publicity given to fans of different clubs.

I believe that trouble at Race meetings is much worse than at footie anyway. I suppose the all day boozing is a big factor. There has been loads of bother at Ascot - probably not Everton fans.

I have had the misfortune to catch a train from Donny after there has been a racemeeting. Carnage at the station and on the train home.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    You certainly have a point about the inconsistent publicity given to fans of different clubs.

I believe that trouble at Race meetings is much worse than at footie anyway. I suppose the all day boozing is a big factor. There has been loads of bother at Ascot - probably not Everton fans.

I have had the misfortune to catch a train from Donny after there has been a racemeeting. Carnage at the station and on the train home.
    Yeah seen it..😄 ascot mob phoning haydock mob up..wait till york mob start...

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    And Joe McBride bribed the groundsman at Hillsboro
    For any older miller, that is a LMFAO comment.

To add another twist to the 'donny would be crap in the Championship' argument, I'm not convinced we'd be doing as well as they are if we were in L1 this season. Or next season if that's where we end up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Ronners, it's called envy of your nearest and more successful rivals. Donny hate us we hate Weds and so on.
    Yes Brin I know they do hate us at donny, but that's their problem not mine. When we played scunny in play offs last season they had it on a thread called Scum v Scumthorpe, but again I will say that's their problem not mine.
    The only local team I have a problem with is the Fowls, but it's not because I hate them, it's just because some of their fans are deluded in their thinking that they are way better than playing teams like us and donny and Barnsley.
    The blades supporters have never come across as being like that, and it even spread to the fowls ex players. I remember Wednesday playing grimsby in a league match, and John person saying that grimsby shouldnt be on the same pitch, and it's that sort of comment that you get from some Wednesday fans that gets right up people's backs.
    Other than the fowls I will cheer on all our local clubs as long as they aren't playing us ,and I take no pleasure in Chesterfield being where they are either UTM

Happy to see any of the local teams do well, barring Wednesday. Why would you favour south London millionaires over locals? We seem to use the 'Yorkshire' chant when it suits. Couldn't care less if they'd rather see us lose. That's their problem. Thought they did okay yesterday in the second half. Don't think we have a player on loan of the caliber of Kane.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast