+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Out Of Contract Players This Year

He was awful tonight. Completely out of his depth on the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    this has got to be Steads last season.
    Lets get a proper target man please !
    Also - Sandra ! although he improved when HK took over he looks good but offers little.
    Lets have a winger with pace please ( personally I would throw Osbourne in and let him sink or swim)!
    At least 50% of this is true. If you honestly think Stead should go after last night, and what he has done consistently for us over the least few years, you are off your rocker. Last night we had ‘better’ or ‘younger’ players playing and yet we looked more dangerous when the old uns came on.
    Please keep Stead, CMS, Doyle, O’Brien, Milsom and bring some young lads to the club to play off these boys.
    And for God sake bring a proper keeper and a horrible massive centre back... as good as the young boys have been last night needed this. Marking Walker out of a game compared to someone as physical as Matt are 2 completely different beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    At least 50% of this is true. If you honestly think Stead should go after last night, and what he has done consistently for us over the least few years, you are off your rocker. Last night we had ‘better’ or ‘younger’ players playing and yet we looked more dangerous when the old uns came on.
    Please keep Stead, CMS, Doyle, O’Brien, Milsom and bring some young lads to the club to play off these boys.
    And for God sake bring a proper keeper and a horrible massive centre back... as good as the young boys have been last night needed this. Marking Walker out of a game compared to someone as physical as Matt are 2 completely different beasts.
    I must be off my trolley then.
    I don't think Stead is an out and out target man in a million years.
    He's been wedged into that role which does not suit him.
    He would not suit playing next to a target man as he is to slow..
    How many of his goals have come from penalties this season ...? over half at a guess.
    now having said that does not mean I dislike this guy.
    Yes he has been done ok for us over a couple of seasons , and he has a great attitude about the game and Notts.
    However having him in the squad as our target man only weakens the Team and we are look at building a team for next season that is more balanced .

Stead is a target man in the respect that he is effective at holding the ball up and bringing others into play, but he does so with his feet and not his head. We missed this on Tuesday night, as the ball simply didn't stick. Having two nippy forwards up top is no good if you opposition sit deep.

In terms of keeping Stead, it all boils down to whether we could bring someone in who's more effective. I'm fairly sure he's paid more than Matt is at Newport, so there clearly are younger, more effective target men out there.

Stead will always be a club legend simply due to the way he applies himself. His attitude has been faultless during his time at Notts, and he's also weighed in with some important goals. But he can't go on forever, and he's now a fading force.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Alessandra clearly has to go, he's a ****ing albatross.
    After his performance Tuesday night I now agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Agree on Stead, we should keep him even if it means he stays on the bench most of the time next season. We need to keep some experienced pros. Keeping decent ones would be an advantage.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345