+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Donny Pikey Rovers

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Stendel himself sed a cuppal a weeks back that Donny were the teeam that ed impressed him mooist.
    Aye as I said earlier they played some nice football and I'd tend to agree with Stendel , probably a little better than us technically .

They are bloody lightweight though to be fair and I can see us going there and bullying them .

Hold a Hoss Fair in nearby fields that neet like the wun at Appleby. Thu'll be none a their fans at the game. That Freddy Eastwood at Sarfend liked to run wild hosses on the Es*** marshes.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Aye as I said earlier they played some nice football and I'd tend to agree with Stendel , probably a little better than us technically .

They are bloody lightweight though to be fair and I can see us going there and bullying them .
    I hope you're right Animal

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I hope you're right Animal
    One thing about this team exile is that they impose themselves on the opposition like no team I've ever seen in all the years I've watched us .

For sure we've had better teams but this lot can play as well as compete physically and I don't remember us having both sides of the coin quite like we have today .

The hunger and intensity to win is unreal at times , ruthless even with a bit of a nasty streak thrown in .

McGeehan's tackle yesterday was a classic example , we were 2-0 up in the later stages but nobody was going past him and breaking on us and he cut their lad down good and proper .

He took the yellow card which then led to the Wycombe lad reacting and getting a red .

Cavare then claps him off as he's on his way down the tunnel .

Take no prisoners this lot and a tight group , tha feights one tha feights them all .

It's great to see .

Played some nice stuff did Rovers but as at Oakwell had no real cutting edge to their play .

No real physicality either in their team , Palace out muscled em time and time again .

Never really looked in any danger Palace who gave a thoroughly professional performance .

Enjoyable cup tie none the less .

58 league goals this season for Donny, only us (59) and Luton (66) can better that. Thaz got to bear in mind the quality of opposition they were up against today mate. Like us at Burnley, we had our moments but looked pretty powder puff ourselves that day in the final 3rd against premiership defenders.

In Donny I saw a side that will pose an attacking threat today, especially against fellow league 1 opposition on their own patch they will be dangerous. However, as I pointed out in earlier post I believe their weaknesses are their full backs and they looked all over place from set plays. All about opinions though Animal. I hope tha reight and we steamroller em but I have a feeling that our defence will have to be fully focused and proper on its toes that night.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    58 league goals this season for Donny, only us (59) and Luton (66) can better that. Thaz got to bear in mind the quality of opposition they were up against today mate. Like us at Burnley, we had our moments but looked pretty powder puff ourselves that day in the final 3rd against premiership defenders.

In Donny I saw a side that will pose an attacking threat today, especially against fellow league 1 opposition on their own patch they will be dangerous. However, as I pointed out in earlier post I believe their weaknesses are their full backs and they looked all over place from set plays. All about opinions though Animal. I hope tha reight and we steamroller em but I have a feeling that our defence will have to be fully focused and proper on its toes that night.
    Not saying it will be an easy game Pass but we've more in our locker than they have in my opinion .

These lads are bloody hungry to do well and get that championship prize , more or less self motivated .

Pinnock's giving the ref pelters after the final whistle because his pride is hurt and we've conceded a goal .

We'd won the game and yet .........

That tells me where we are at with this group .

I think Coppinger and his team will also think that way , so will a few more teams , just keep on winning and all else is irrelevant , earsy ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I think Coppinger and his team will also think that way , so will a few more teams , just keep on winning and all else is irrelevant , earsy ,
    Exactly roma , sometimes in life you need to stick your chest out and be assertive and confident .

As a group of fans and people generally in this great town we play it down too much at times .

Confidence and arrogance are two very different things .

Keep a low profile , not over confidant or arrogant ,
    go out to win , if not draw , a loss or 2 won't hurt us just now , show no fear results will come our way ,

Not saying it will be an easy game Pass but we've more in our locker than they have in my opinion .

These lads are bloody hungry to do well and get that championship prize , more or less self motivated .

Pinnock's giving the ref pelters after the final whistle because his pride is hurt and we've conceded a goal .

We'd won the game and yet .........

That tells me where we are at with this group .
    Fair enough mate. Physicality isn't a trait we've possessed very often over the years is it. Great to hear is that. We have some imposing powerful looking players too. Should we get promotion then that pride, togetherness and physical presence should see us reight.

Thaz got to fancy us go beat any league 1 team at present. 30 points from last 36 available, absolutely tremendous run we're on at minute.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast