+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Donny Pikey Rovers

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Fair enough mate. Physicality isn't a trait we've possessed very often over the years is it. Great to hear is that. We have some imposing powerful looking players too. Should we get promotion then that pride, togetherness and physical presence should see us reight.

Thaz got to fancy us go beat any league 1 team at present. 30 points from last 36 available, absolutely tremendous run we're on at minute.
    Come on leaps and bounds since the Wycombe defeat before xmas .

Some of the stuff I saw at Oakwell before xmas was fairly ordinary at times , some proper shyte , the Wimbledon , Walsall , Plymouth and Southend games were bloody horrible to watch .

The away wins kept us in the top 6 .

Never thought we'd drop out of the play off places but automatic looked a tall order at times .

I thought there was improvement in them but you can't ever be certain in football , I even thought they didn't have the bottle for it .

A fair bit to go yet but I wouldn't like to be chasing us right now if I was a mackem or a pompey fan .

Still to play em of course and I see that as an opportunity to finish both of them off rather than looking at it slightly more negatively .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Come on leaps and bounds since the Wycombe defeat before xmas .

Some of the stuff I saw at Oakwell before xmas was fairly ordinary at times , some proper shyte , the Wimbledon , Walsall , Plymouth and Southend games were bloody horrible to watch .

The away wins kept us in the top 6 .

Never thought we'd drop out of the play off places but automatic looked a tall order at times .

I thought there was improvement in them but you can't ever be certain in football , I even thought they didn't have the bottle for it .

A fair bit to go yet but I wouldn't like to be chasing us right now if I was a mackem or a pompey fan .

Still to play em of course and I see that as an opportunity to finish both of them off rather than looking at it slightly more negatively .
    A think it'd be fair to say that they're learning more game by game as season guz on. Those defeats at Shrewsbury and Wycombe were poor, low points of the season. The mentality looks to have changed. Just watched the matchday recap on YouTube and hearing Woodrow straight after match saying the win was more important than his goals sums it up, proper team spirit in this camp. They look focused, hunger in their eyes too. Saw the clip of Pinnock berating of the ref on the full time whistle too obviously upset about that decision.

Tha reight abart this Pompey and Sunderland games comin up Animal, let's bury their hopes then we can focus on that top spot

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Exactly roma , sometimes in life you need to stick your chest out and be assertive and confident .

As a group of fans and people generally in this great town we play it down too much at times .

Confidence and arrogance are two very different things .
    British people in general try to play things down, seems to be in our DNA, sometimes I look at the Americans and think we should be more like them, then remember I don’t like them cos they are arrogant (generally).

Donny Manager Grant McCann , on Radio Deedah , believes his team can go up automatically , and pip Barnsley for 2nd spot , 2 games in hand , and we still have to go there he says , feytin Talk

Aah see them az the Barnsley of 2016, charging up late on.

Ov all teeams in top 6 they are the wuns that freeten me mooast.

A wunt like to laik 'em ovva two legs in Play Off Semiz.

We dunt want playoffs , will loyiss em , nailed on that a wunt gu if we got to final ennyrooard , Wemblee is boring nar !!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123