+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are people thinking?

What are people thinking?

Currently I'm feeling we will end in the playoffs rather than top 2. Think we will do well in the run in but I look at the kind of form Norwich, Sheff Utd and now Bristol are in and they look unstoppable whereas we are constantly stumbling and cant put a run together at all.

Obviously I've no idea, but with injuries and our lack of strengthening in January I just think we will fall short when push comes to shove through sheer lack of numbers and fitness, said it before that if Bielsa had say WBA team or the Wolves team from last year we'd be 15 points clear at the top. The fact he has this squad of lets be honest average players bar 3 or 4 is a miracle and he deserves a lot of credit.

End in the play offs forget it we are bottlers
    Top 2 is a must Norwich have a better run in than us although nothing is granted in this league

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Currently I'm feeling we will end in the playoffs rather than top 2. Think we will do well in the run in but I look at the kind of form Norwich, Sheff Utd and now Bristol are in and they look unstoppable whereas we are constantly stumbling and cant put a run together at all.

Obviously I've no idea, but with injuries and our lack of strengthening in January I just think we will fall short when push comes to shove through sheer lack of numbers and fitness, said it before that if Bielsa had say WBA team or the Wolves team from last year we'd be 15 points clear at the top. The fact he has this squad of lets be honest average players bar 3 or 4 is a miracle and he deserves a lot of credit.
    Results against the 3 teams you have mentioned will tell the tale. The playoffs will be exiciting, but its the kind of excitment i can do without. Hoping that we can scrape 2nd. Its going to be a bumtuck run-in.

Probably think same as OP. Not investing in quality players will probably cost us again. I hope Bamford does really well and Brown becomes a success. Certaiy we could do.it and its still in our hands.
    We need ER games v WBA n Blunts to be won but we do look shaky right now. The others look strong.

Our lack of a prolific striker may cost us.......

(Don't care, they are NOT exactly prolific).

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    Our lack of a prolific striker may cost us.......

(Don't care, they are NOT exactly prolific).
    I was arguing with a mate that Roofe has actually been a let down this year. Yes he has scored goals but he is basically playing in the best style to score goals, he should have 20+ by now if he genuinely believes he is a frontline striker.

Still think it will be Automatic promotion.

Yes we have more than enough injuries and look lightweight up front. Roofe is out for an undefined amount of time, which ironically could work in our favour. That being Biesla has to play Bamford and he will get a good run in the team to find his form (next couple of games are very winnable too).

But even when we had all those key players out in November/December we did enough to stay in the hunt, I just think this is our year.

I understand people being apprehensive about the run in but we can beat anyone, no team will look forward to playing us, especially and ER

We can definitely put a run of 5/6 wins together and I also believe if we win 10 out of the last 14, we will be there.

Whenever players get injured it is an opportunity for others to step up.

Brown must be close to finally getting a game and there other kids waiting in the wings. Bamford has looked to be finding his fitness too last game his work off the ball was great.

Thinking the play-offs.

Hoping for Automatic.

Play-offs. Hopefully will be proved wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)