+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pie magazine ratings

Pie magazine ratings

First time I've read this in years, used to love it, forest finder General, squirrels nuts, what a poor shadow it is now, a quid for five minutes read.
    1/10

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    First time I've read this in years, used to love it, forest finder General, squirrels nuts, what a poor shadow it is now, a quid for five minutes read.
    1/10
    I don’t think any of the previous editors even knew about its relaunch, let alone had anything to do with it. Real shame as I was pleased to hear it was coming back.

Sadly the two blokes running it now are just in it for making money, ones a Man Utd fan and his assistant a Liverpool fan, even the club want nothing to do with them so they can’t use the Notts badge etc, was initially meant to be a free fanzine for fans as they make their money off the advertising but that changed after the first week.
    Last edited by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY; 18-02-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    Sadly the two blokes running it now are just in it for making money, ones a Man Utd fan and his assistant a Liverpool fan, even the club want nothing to do with them so they can’t use the Notts badge etc, was initially meant to be a free fanzine for fans as they make their money off the advertising but that changed after the first week.
    Do you know who they are?

Yes do you ? The new owner of the pie has a huge Manchester United tattoo ! Have you seen it ?

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    Yes do you ? The new owner of the pie has a huge Manchester United tattoo ! Have you seen it ?
    I haven’t! Just curious, wondered what sort of blokes thy were, background in any kind of publishing or anything? Intrigued why a non-fan would bother.

Not read it but the covers have been crap.
    The old version nearly always had a funny cover on it. In between 2 Bristols anybody?

I know who they are and some of you as usual would do well to **** your cake holes spouting uninformed and uneducated crap. They are having a go and building up content. Rome in a day it was not built. If you think you can do a better job then do it yer sens. If you think people run a fanzine like that to make money then think again.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Not read it but the covers have been crap.
    The old version nearly always had a funny cover on it. In between 2 Bristols anybody?
    Yes I loved the hand drawn covers they were classic, that’s how I prefer to remember the pie

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I know who they are and some of you as usual would do well to **** your cake holes spouting uninformed and uneducated crap. They are having a go and building up content. Rome in a day it was not built. If you think you can do a better job then do it yer sens. If you think people run a fanzine like that to make money then think again.
    Nobody was suggesting they could do a better job if they had the inclination, the content is not worth bothering with unless they persuade some of the previous writer's to come on board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast