+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pie magazine ratings

The original pie was the dogs *******s of fanzines especially all the badges etc. who can forget warnocks patented half time *******ing. Rather than criticising it I’m happy to be supportive of em having a go rather than tall poppy syndrome. I used to camp out In selectadisc waiting for the new one.

The original poster of this thread is correct. The lads who have restarted the Pie are only in it for the money! They previously ran that Matchday magazine which was free around Nottingham....But they also had links in Non League football most recently at Radford FC where a glossy programme was produced.... originally at no cost to the club.... but then a big bill was handed to the club for printing costs.
    Whilst it is great the Pie is back.... the reading content is awful and advert heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    The original pie was the dogs *******s of fanzines especially all the badges etc. who can forget warnocks patented half time *******ing. Rather than criticising it I’m happy to be supportive of em having a go rather than tall poppy syndrome. I used to camp out In selectadisc waiting for the new one.
    Haha that brings back memories, popping into Selectadisc on Market Street to pick up a copy of The Pie and whatever obscure music I was into at the time.

The lads who have restarted the Pie ARE only in it for the money! They previously ran that Matchday football magazine which was free around Nottingham....But they also had links in Non League football in Melton Mowbray and most recently at Radford FC where a glossy programme was produced.... originally at no cost to the club.... but then a big bill was handed to the club for printing costs.
    Whilst it is great the Pie is back.... the reading content is awful and advert heavy. The lads make the money out of the advertising clearly...So in essence the Pie has not been reintroduced for the fans but as a money making venture.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Haha that brings back memories, popping into Selectadisc on Market Street to pick up a copy of The Pie and whatever obscure music I was into at the time.
    I used to get The Pie from Sportspages off Charing Cross Road in London (it closed in 2006, alas), along with When Saturday Comes and Off the Ball back in the late 80s. That was the main source of Notts reading for those of us living away from Nottingham in the pre-internet days. That and Terry Bowles on Clubcall, or whatever it was called. Used to cost me a fortune calling up from phone boxes to get the latest news and match reports.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I used to get The Pie from Sportspages off Charing Cross Road in London (it closed in 2006, alas), along with When Saturday Comes and Off the Ball back in the late 80s. That was the main source of Notts reading for those of us living away from Nottingham in the pre-internet days. That and Terry Bowles on Clubcall, or whatever it was called. Used to cost me a fortune calling up from phone boxes to get the latest news and match reports.
    Club Call was 38p a minute one of them. I remember first time I came to Aus when I was in my 20's calling clubcall from a phone box in Adelaide to get the result of the Notts Bradford playoff final and not being in the slightest bit surprised at the result which from here was about 800 quid a minute. There was no internet then me duck.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Aww yes, spent many an hour in that wonderful shop. Happy days. 👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    Yes do you ? The new owner of the pie has a huge Manchester United tattoo ! Have you seen it ?
    To be fair he does have an equally large Notts tattoo right above the Utd tatt. And has also followed Notts the whole of his life. Just saying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12