+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spygate

What a travesty, total BS. They've been through the rule book backwards to find some kind of punishment. I'd like to know how they came up with that figure....and the reason why.
    F U golden boy bollox freak ass kissin frank.

Bielsa continually stated that he acted alone without the club's knowledge. Is it possible then that he may accept responsibility for the fine payment instead of the club?

Morning all, Derby fan in peace and hopefully that is how I will be received. Not been on here before but have chatted with a couple of you over on DerbyMad. They will tell you that I have always said that a points deduction would be OTT and that, if the EFL/FA found that there was a case to answer that a fine would be the right course of action. They did and it was.

Following an inquiry, Leeds accepted the club had breached Regulation 3.4 which states: "In all matters and transactions relating to the League, each club shall behave towards each other club and The League with the utmost good faith."

That is the rule that was breached and the end result doesn't affect your League position, and it shouldn't.

Good luck in the rest of the season and stay out of the playoffs. We don't want to play you again this season. We'd lose. You play exactly the game we can't handle. It happens. Until fairly recently we beat you 11 games straight. In the past you had had the drop on us. That's football. It goes in cycles. The weird thing is that I have read Leeds fans online saying that just the one side has outplayed you this season, WBA. A side we beat 4-1 at their place and it could have been more. Again, that's football.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Morning all, Derby fan in peace and hopefully that is how I will be received. Not been on here before but have chatted with a couple of you over on DerbyMad. They will tell you that I have always said that a points deduction would be OTT and that, if the EFL/FA found that there was a case to answer that a fine would be the right course of action. They did and it was.

Following an inquiry, Leeds accepted the club had breached Regulation 3.4 which states: "In all matters and transactions relating to the League, each club shall behave towards each other club and The League with the utmost good faith."

That is the rule that was breached and the end result doesn't affect your League position, and it shouldn't.

Good luck in the rest of the season and stay out of the playoffs. We don't want to play you again this season. We'd lose. You play exactly the game we can't handle. It happens. Until fairly recently we beat you 11 games straight. In the past you had had the drop on us. That's football. It goes in cycles. The weird thing is that I have read Leeds fans online saying that just the one side has outplayed you this season, WBA. A side we beat 4-1 at their place and it could have been more. Again, that's football.
    Hopefully we will have the last laugh against the footballing authorities, if we get promoted this season. £200,000 I think is a fine to appease 11 clubs in the championship more than anything and is a drop in the ocean compared to the riches the PL offer.

I personally think £200,000 is to big a fine, when you look at everything else that goes on in football, but we got caught and only have ourselves to blame.

Just wish the EFL etc would be consistent with how they treat clubs and how rules should be applied etc.

Leeds fans set up a gofundme page

https://www.gofundme.com/leeds-united-spygate-fine

Well, at least you have some sense of perspective, unlike this lot;

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/02/1...spygate-punis/

Need to have a word with some of the more "delicate" amongst your supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by costa_blanca_white View Post
    Leeds fans set up a gofundme page

https://www.gofundme.com/leeds-united-spygate-fine
    Why does that not surprise me? The only surprising thing is that I didn't see it coming but it is commensurate with the love you show to your club.

Why does that not surprise me? The only surprising thing is that I didn't see it coming but it is commensurate with the love you show to your club.
    Hello again! You seem a decent type and don't get why you would mix with that StensonRam idiot. Good luck for the rest of and if you can spare a coin or two, please donate https://www.gofundme.com/leeds-united-spygate-fine

To be fair Derby do have one or two decent sorts..but that stenson chappy is one huge bell end!

is there any truth to the rumor that the fat man gets 1/2 this money to use for a stomach stapling?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)